Belize Beaches??? Where Should We Go???

Suesan Jean

We will be on a Western Caribbean Cruise in February 2006. Belize is one of our stops. All we want to do is go to beautiful beaches and enjoy the lovely blue water.

WHERE should we go in Belize???? WHICH Beach/s are the NICEST (prettiest, cleanist,great snorkeling, safest, etc....) in Belize? It would be nice to have a beach with "facilities" too.....

Thank you all for ANY advice you can give!!:)

Suesan:) :) :)

*bump*

I'd like to know about this too, Suesan. We'll be there the first week of Nov. on Carnival Valor. We had picked Coral Sands Beach Resort, but it seems like they don't have a "contract" with Carnival and as a result will not be open for us. Hopefully someone will post soon with some info...if not, I'll let you know when we return. :)

E

*bump*

I'd like to know about this too, Suesan. We'll be there the first week of Nov. on Carnival Valor. We had picked Coral Sands Beach Resort, but it seems like they don't have a "contract" with Carnival and as a result will not be open for us. Hopefully someone will post soon with some info...if not, I'll let you know when we return. :)

E

I would head out to Caye Caulker. The stereotype island experience. Rent a golf cart and go up to the split to swim.

We will be on a Western Caribbean Cruise in February 2006. Belize is one of our stops. All we want to do is go to beautiful beaches and enjoy the lovely blue water.

WHERE should we go in Belize???? WHICH Beach/s are the NICEST (prettiest, cleanist,great snorkeling, safest, etc....) in Belize? It would be nice to have a beach with "facilities" too.....

Thank you all for ANY advice you can give!!:)

Suesan:) :) :)

Suesan, I would suggest Coral Sands Beach Resort. As far as I know NCL has an excursion that takes you there for the day. I am pretty sure that is the only cruise line who they are doing business with at this time. I've heard great things about this resort. Take a look at their webiste. They are pretty specific with the activities and facilities. You can also send an email and they will respond right away, as I have been in contact with them a few times.

I have been to Caye Caulker and although it is a beautiful little Island...there isn't much swimming there. It's nice to just walk around and look at the little shops or rent a golf cart.

If you are not traveling on NCL and would like to go to Coral Sands Beach Club and they are not open - I am told that you will need a minimum of 30 people in your group. I will be in Belize on May 30th, 2006 and the only thing I can think of is to post a thread to try and recruite some other people who have an interest. I would think there would be plenty of people looking for that kind of atomosphere and Coral Sands seems to be the only place like that in Belize. Maybe you can give that a shot - you still have 2 more months

Hope I was able to help out

Goff's Cay is wonderful. We snorkeled off the boat at first. The guides were very helpful. The fish were colorful and plentiful. We even did some free diving. The boat picked us up and then brought us to the Cay, where we had the best barbeque chicken and corn. They have beverages there as well.

One of our fellow passengers [ a male] had his chest hair braided by a local. It was a kick to watch.

The Cay is small and not a resort [No chairs or beach butlers give me a break].

The best thing is through Carnival, we tendered there straight from our ship.

Always approach a new place with the attitude that you belong there.

Photocruiser

Goff's Caye would be ok if it's your first snorkel. When we arrived, the portable bathrooms were being brought in on john boats. It's very remote, dirty, lots of trash. Some locals had floated over to sell drinks from a cooler. I have snorkeled many times in many wonderful places including with the Sting Rays in GC, Paradise Cove in Freeport, Isle Pinel St Marteen, Cannel Bay. Chankaab (spelling ?). It's just not that good.

I have snorkeled in Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Tulum in Quintana Roo, Fanning Island in the Republic of Kiribati and Molokini in Maui.

This isn't about where, it is about attitudes I think. Maybe you just had a bad experience. The Cay is small, so the size of the trash cans and the amount of Andy Gumps maybe small and few, Goff's Cay is beautiful. For every photo you may have depicting a negative view of Goff's Cay, I can show 2 how beautiful it is.

The fish, the coral, and the water are beautiful.

Snorkle off the boat at Goff's Cay and use the time on the Island to relax, you will have a good time.

If you just want to be pampered, hang out at 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman.

It's not just location, location, location! It's also attitude, attitude attitude.

Photocruiser

Archived