Baltimore and FTTF

JuanBillion

Just curious how FTTF works at Baltimore. I believe I heard somewhere that with FTTF you do not get to go to the front of the line or a separate line to get through the security scanners. Is that true?

Last time I went out of Baltimore it was a downpour and the security line was so backed up it went outside and of course I got soaked. Just weighing all the options as I am looking at another cruise out of Baltimore in 2016.

We sailed out of Baltimore a few weeks ago and there was a separate security line for FTTF. We did not have it so I can't speak to the experience, but I recall seeing it. We are sailing again on Aug 9 and do have FTTF this time. I will report back afterwards...

:)

I'm cruising out of

Baltimore today and have cruised from here several times. There is a separate room for

Wedding parties and FTTF. it is right behind the diamond platinum and suites area. Weddings board first and then diamond platinum and Suites. And next to board is FTTF. You will board before the room of people. Today was the fastest I've been onboard from Baltimore. I was in my room unpacking at 11:45am. It was so quick. Love the Pride.

Off Pride just today. We had FFTF and told the person standing at the entrance to the port. She directed us to keep right and we were moved to front of the line at screening and check in. We didn't get a separate waiting room but a special section of chairs to sit in and were boarded very quickly.

I'm not FTTF (platinum) so SandyBShores would know better than me. All I know is that I've never had such a fast boarding at Baltimore in the six cruises on the pride I've done. Usually FTTF is in the back room behind diamonds and platinums and suites but possibly because they were so fast things were different today.

We arrived in the parking lot today at 10:30 and we were in our room by 11.40am

Off Pride just today. We had FFTF and told the person standing at the entrance to the port. She directed us to keep right and we were moved to front of the line at screening and check in. We didn't get a separate waiting room but a special section of chairs to sit in and were boarded very quickly.

Baltimore is a good port; we sailed in June. We (Plats) sat (not in a separate room) in a seating section to the left of the entrance-way. The FTTF sat across the aisle to the right. (much larger number of FTTF - probably three times.) They allowed us to board first - then FTTF (with my relatives), then Zone 1 etc. We had friends in zone 5.

We boarded at 11:30 followed immediately by the FTTF people. Neither our rooms, nor the FTTF relatives rooms were ready yet. We went to eat and our zone 5 friends came up about 10 minutes after us - after dropping their stuff off in their room which was ready.

The biggest advantage for FTTF & Plat priority, in my opinion, is the tendering. Our relatives agreed, saying that boarding 10 minutes early was not worth $50.00. Our friends were able to board with us, although no one asked to see their priority cards, so they got a good deal.