Mixed dolphin experiences within group at Chankanaab?

TheGaDawgFan

I think we'll go to Chankanaab to do the dolphin swim. We will probably book with Royal because it looks cheaper than booking through the park. Either way, my question is, some of the group wants to do the royal swim with foot push, but my son is only comfortable doing the push with the boogie board. Will we have to be in totally separate groups? I'd even be willing to pay the extra for the royal swim for him if they'd just give him the board when it's his turn.

We just did this 2 weeks ago. My son felt the same way (he's 10) but after watching 5 others do it, he wanted to try. The trainer said that if he wanted to stop, then to just dive in the water. He LOVED it and didn't want to stop and couldn't believe he was scared of it to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a silly question... We booked the dolphin swim... What is a foot push???

One dolphin per foot- the swim behind you and push the bottom of your feet and you raise your arms as they superman you out of the water.

One dolphin per foot- the swim behind you and push the bottom of your feet and you raise your arms as they superman you out of the water.

THAT is flippin AWESOME!!! I can't wait! Thank you for the info :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise that stopped at chankanaab. I must say the park was AWSOME!!! We swam with the manatees and snorkeled

Here are my helpful hints.

Bring your own snorkels. Walmart or sports authority have them on sale. Use them ALL DAY.. Not just the small time slot

And bring CHEERIOS! Fish luv them and the come in all their colorful glory close enough to touch. It's verrrry safe.

Second... Know that they do NOT ALLOW you to take your own camera to swim with dolphins or manatees. They make you pose picture after picture using up your time interacting with these incredible animals. You CAN limit them. Please please know it's a HUGE push at the end of your encounter to purchase photos that are NOT FIXED IN PRICE! HAGLE HAHLE HAGLE!!! Try walking away and watch the price DROP!!!!! People were charged per person in a photo any where from $40/ 8x10 to ALL THE PHOTOS for your whole family on a disk for $80 if the walked away!! Watch as your taking the pics how they set you up so you NEVER GET A GROUP PICTURE. THE WORK HARD to get only one person in a photo.

We had an amazing time and I highly recommend the park. But the whole photo push was a major negative

And bring CHEERIOS! Fish luv them and the come in all their colorful glory close enough to touch. It's verrrry safe.

Please don't feed the fish. It might be safe for you, but it isn't safe for them. Cheerios are not part of a fish's diet.

Not to mention, it is illegal to feed fish in the National Marine Park, which Chankanaab is inside of. Although you would almost certainly never get caught, these laws are to protect the marine life.

We just returned from our cruise that stopped at chankanaab. I must say the park was AWSOME!!! We swam with the manatees and snorkeled

Here are my helpful hints.

Bring your own snorkels. Walmart or sports authority have them on sale. Use them ALL DAY.. Not just the small time slot

Second... Know that they do NOT ALLOW you to take your own camera to swim with dolphins or manatees. They make you pose picture after picture using up your time interacting with these incredible animals. You CAN limit them. Please please know it's a HUGE push at the end of your encounter to purchase photos that are NOT FIXED IN PRICE! HAGLE HAHLE HAGLE!!! Try walking away and watch the price DROP!!!!! People were charged per person in a photo any where from $40/ 8x10 to ALL THE PHOTOS for your whole family on a disk for $80 if the walked away!! Watch as your taking the pics how they set you up so you NEVER GET A GROUP PICTURE. THE WORK HARD to get only one person in a photo.

We had an amazing time and I highly recommend the park. But the whole photo push was a major negative

Thanks for the info. Can you remember a price for a 5 x 7 photo of the manatees? If they won't take one of my wife and I together they won't sell a pic to me. :)

Edited by storm1507

Safe? thousand of fish died every year becuz the cheerios and other human cereals feeding,