Payments from uk to princess

dikin

Hi , has anyone experienced difficulty making a payment to Princess from the UK? We have had two odd experiences, the first was to pre-pay our gratuities, we had no confirmation at the time of payment but did get an Email confirming payment later. The second was when we tried to purchase the drinks package I put in all the details requested for card payment pressed the continue button and the whole lot disappeared, we had no idea whether the payment had gone through or not, it does appear not. Have I been unlucky or has this happened to anybody else. Will it be easier to purchase the drinks package on board? Thanks.

We prepaid our gratuities and drinks package in advance and didn't have any problems.

We saved quite a bit of money as the rate of exchange Princess were giving was $1.66.

you can work out the rate on your booking from the gratuities charge in £s.

If you pay on board it may cost you more but you need to check your rate as I think this can vary and depends on time of booking.

I'd call customer service and check,

they will be able to tell you if it went through or not.

I take it you checked your bank statement and nothing is showing?

I still have our Grats to pre pay plus I want to add a bit of Gift OBC to the account so will keep an eye on what happens.

Jules

Hi thank you for your replies. Our first attempt at paying for the drinks package definitely did not work but have tried paying with a credit card rather than a debit card and everything went through with no problem. Just looking forward now to using the drinks package!!