Captain on Mariner

thegrahams6

The Captain for the week of 10/9 is Tor Olsen. We've sailed with him in the past. He is pleasant and frequently communicates with passengers. Cruise Director is Simon Baker. His brother Matt is also a RCCL CD. Have read many positive posts about Simon. In three weeks we'll be at sea!

I have sailed with Tor Olsen before. He is nice in a "This is not my favorite part of the job" halo is around him. Don't get me wrong. He is plesent and gentlemanly but after meeting the 3000th cruiser I suspect anyone would have a bit of a pasted on smile. VERY smooth sailing tho and good updates. Which is what is really important anyway.

I know for a fact it wont be James Andrews, I spoke to him in June when I was there and he told me he was leaving on vacation the week I was coming back, he was awesome I agree. Matt Baker is wonderful also, we had a great cruise on the enchantment with him, never had his brother though. Someone going on this upcoming cruise with me has emailed the staff on the boat and they are saying Captain Gerry also, lots of conflicting stories, I guess Ill be surprised when I get there. Of course, I will miss Captain Johnny, he was great.

Archived