Need some help with amenities picking for Getaway

patrickkc

Hello all,

I am planning on booking a cruise for the week for September 12 on the Getaway. This will be my first cruise with NCL.

I am planning to book through Expedia and they have some free amenities that I can choose from. There will be 3 of us, and I have opted for an inside stateroom.

Below is the list that I can choose from. I think each person in the stateroom can pick one of the follow.

1. 100 min internet package

2. Soda package (Guests are responsible to pay 18% gratuity + service charge = CDN$9.10 per passenger prior to cruise)

3. Ultimate dining package (Guests are responsible to pay 18% gratuity + service charge = CDN$23.80 per passenger prior to cruise)

4. Ultimate Beverage package (Guests are responsible to pay 18% gratuity + service charge = CDN$75.60 per passenger prior to cruise)

5. USD$50.00 dining credit for 1st and 2nd passenge

Which one will you guys pick and why? Which one is the better value?

Also, if there is anything for this cruise I should know about, please let me know!

much appreciated

Patrick :)

The value is something you need to figure out yourself based on your usage patterns. Many here find UBP best value for them, but for some it is something else.

As implied, the actual value for you is not the price you'd save by getting a "free" amenity but the actual money you won't be spending onboard because of that - otherwise UBP would be a nobrainer for everyone as it's list price is the highest.

Thanks for the quick reply Demonyte!

Yes, I am thinking the UBP will also be the best value as well. One of the guests don't drink any alcohol, so I was thinking of 2 getting the UBP and maybe the last one can get the 100min internet package?

How are the UBP like in NCL? I can get a drink at one bar and go to the next one and get another one? or is there a time limit before I am able to get another drink? I was thinking 2 people with the UBP and split and get non-alcoholic beverages for the 3rd guest?

I think each person in the stateroom can pick one of the follow.

No, you get to pick one. And I'm not sure now if everyone in the stateroom will get it or just the first 2 people listed - but if all people get it they will all get the same one. When you book, you select which one to apply to your booking.

Edited by rpb718

Thanks for the quick reply Demonyte!

Yes, I am thinking the UBP will also be the best value as well. One of the guests don't drink any alcohol, so I was thinking of 2 getting the UBP and maybe the last one can get the 100min internet package?

How are the UBP like in NCL? I can get a drink at one bar and go to the next one and get another one? or is there a time limit before I am able to get another drink? I was thinking 2 people with the UBP and split and get non-alcoholic beverages for the 3rd guest?

With the UBP, only guests 1 and 2 get the package, any additional guests get the soda package, I believe.

No, you get to pick one. And I'm not sure now if everyone in the stateroom will get it or just the first 2 people listed - but if all people get it they will all get the same one. When you book, you select which one to apply to your booking.

I've checked on the NCL website, if I am booking through the website the amenities are for the first 2 guests. The only difference I can tell is that the internet package is for 250 minutes instead and everything else seems to be the same.

The quote I got from Expedia says "Passengers who book inside stateroom can choose 1 from the free amenities offered by Norwegian Cruise Lines. " I would assume that this offer is for all 3 of the passengers staying in the room. Maybe some details got lost / mis-informed.