Seattle Hotel

cruisesusie

We stayed in the Westin this summer - 1 night pre-cruise and 4 nights post-cruise. Booked directly with the hotel via the internet. Chose a room with a view of Puget Sound so that we could watch our ship arrive (NCL). Comfortable rooms at a reasonable price (for Seattle).

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Seattle.com and check out reviews...We were there at the end of May before our cruise and stayed d/t at the Vance hotel.Its a very charming older hotel.It was just the two of us,but we were told to request two beds,that way you get a larger room.They dont have that many rooms with two beds in it(I think at that time they said they only had 10 rooms that had two beds).They were under renovation when we were there,but we didnt find any problems with it.But they should be all done now.It was a pleasant walk down to the market ...all down hill! LOL if your not a walker,you might want a cab on the way back,but I didnt have any trouble.I would stay there again! The staff were wonderful and very helpful! Dot

We stayed 3 nights at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel & Towers, located at the corner of Pike and 7th. We had no need for a rental car. Great location. Highly recommended. We paid $75/night plus taxes bidding on Priceline.com We got a general idea of what to bid at biddingfortravel.com. The Sheraton hotel personnel treated us very well.

We were a party of four. Myself, my wife, a teenager, and a preteen girl. We had 10 bags. We caught an Airport Limousine from the SeaTac airport for $35 (including tip). Limos are located on the same parking deck as taxis --- just look to your right. Checked in at the hotel and explored the area. We spent the better part of Wednesday afternoon and evening at Gameworks. For $30/person you can play all their high-end video and electronic games for the entire day. They have like 500 games. This was a treat for the kids. We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory located nearby.

On Thursday, we started the day walking down to the Seattle Art Museum ($15 total). Of interest, the Gilbert Stuart full-length portrait of George Washington was on display. We ate lunch at the Rock Bottom Brewery. They have a great lunch menu which includes all your favorite sandwiches, including the Monte Cristo. My son is also fond of their Mud Pie. We then took the 2:00 pm reserved Boeing Tour hosted by Grey Line Bus Tour ($140 total). Awesome tour. Grey Line’s main station for tours is at the Sheraton. Upon our return, our bus driver let us out in Pioneer Square where we experienced the Underground Tour (about $28 total). It too was fun. The kids thought it dragged a bit, but we all learned a lot. We returned to the hotel via the bus tunnel. Bus service is fast, and free, in downtown Seattle between 6am and 7pm!

On Friday, we took the bus back to Pioneer Square where we visited the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park Museum. It’ll give you a great preview into the Alaskan Gold Rush before you get there, and it’s free. We then walked to Ivar’s Pier 54 for an early clam chowder lunch and checked out shops along the pier. (Hint: the Ye Olde Curiosity Shop has good prices on Dream Catchers). We visited Pike’s Market. We really enjoyed watching fresh fish being tossed around, and my son checked out the original Starbucks location. We stopped in at F.A.O Schwartz toy store at my daughter’s request on the way back to the hotel, took in a movie at one of the three nearby theaters, and ate dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery. (Hint: the lunch menu is better).

Saturday morning we explored the Westlake Center. It has lots of fun shops. (Hint: check out the food court on the top floor. It features almost every ethnic food you can think of). We rode the tram to the Seattle Center and walked around for a few minutes, and took pictures, but did not go up the Space Needle as it was VERY pricey. Got back to the hotel, packed, and took a Northpacific Limo Service towncar to Pier 30 for only $20 (including tip).

My husband and cousins are taking the Vision of the Seas to Alaska next late June. I used to live in Seattle so we wanted to stay in the heart of Seattle. So we are staying at the Silver cloud on Lake Union. They offerr free downton transportation for free, and they will take you to the pier for free as well. They have a cont. breakfast and 2 pools one heated and some jaquzi's and free internet. We will fly in early Wednesday and plan to take a limo from there to the hotel. The hotel is on Lake Union and you can rent some Kayaks, canoes, paddle boats. We plan to get a City pass which gets you into many things like the acquarium a boat tour. We plan to do the duck tour and do the acquarium and market place on Wednesday. Thursday we are going to do the Boeing tour and go to Ivars or Rays boat house for dinner.

Lexi

We recently stayed at the Mediterranean Inn on Queen Anne Ave. North. It is located about two blocks from Seattle Center and the monorail. The monorail will take you to the Westlake Mall area and then it's an easy walk to the Market. The inn was clean, very reasonably priced and had a very accommodating staff. There is a rooftop deck with chairs and a beautiful view. A taxi (arranged by the front desk) cost us $6.00 to the port. Our room was very simple...not huge but plenty of room for two. Perks: free popcorn, cokes, Starbucks coffee and a lovely view of the Space Needle. A good start to a great vacation!

We live in Seattle, when we are staying downtown for a special weekend we have stayed at the Seattle Hilton otherwise we stay at the Marriott at the Airport because it has a wonderful pool and restaurant (Yukon Jacks). After reading all the posts on cruisecritic, we're going to have to try some of these other places! Never thought of looking here to see where we should stay at home.

Hi, Cruisesusie. I hope you are planning a few days here in Seattle to see the sights. I also live in the area (45 minutes north of downtown toward Vancouver, Canada) near the mountains and beautiful rivers. If you plan on seeing more than just Seattle check out my website and see the day trips listed. http://riverrockinnBnB.com

Have fun and enjoy nature at her finest!:)

• 2 weeks later...

When we sailed out of Seattle we stayed at the Edgwater. It is right next to the pier and absolutely wonderful.

My hubby & I were just talking about it yesterday; I think the meal we had there was one of the best meals we have ever had.

Unfortunately I don't remember what we paid for it. I do remember we walked out onto our balcony and were facing the front of the ship. I couldn't believe how close we were; and we just walked next store with our suit cases and right on the ship - it was great.

Archived