Liberty to Bermuda

You can no longer buy tokens or passes onboard. There are 3 places to get them. When you first come off the ship there is a window/small store where they sell them. Farther down the pier near Heritage Pier is a kiosk and as you walk towards the Dockyard this another candy pink building, they also sell the tokens and the 1-2 day passes.

We are sailing Liberty of the Seas to Bermuda - years ago we were able to purchase tokens for the bus to Horseshoe Bay onboard to save time. Is this service still offered?

Treacher, are you copying me?!??!? :D first quantum, now liberty to bermuda (we're going in august).

just an fyi that there's now a shuttle that goes directly to horseshoe bay and back from the pier. it's apparently pretty new, so not sure if it was there last time you were in bermuda. i haven't been to bermuda yet myself so can't be much help about where to pick it up or pay, but there's info about it on the bermuda board.

We were on the Liberty last week and we took a cab to Horseshoe Beach. The cost to Horseshoe is approx $40. We had a bunch of us going and it was $7 per person each way. The cab actually takes you to the entrance of the beach area. The bus, which we have taken in the past, drops you on the main road, and then you have about a 10 minute walk downhill to the beach. That's not so bad, the bad part is walking back up the hill after being on the beach for a few hours and the Bermuda sun hitting you all the way up that hill. Been there, done that! Not any more.

Just another option. There are tons of cabs available.

Thanks for the post - yes, we are following you. In reality - it is called able to afford another cruise since we don't have to pay to fly to Florida. We have sailed every class ship except the Freedom Class - so I am very anxious to sail the Liberty. In a junior suite this time - will miss our Grand Suite - and all the windows and the huge balcony. I think you were kind person that sent me all the pics before we sailed. Are you in a grand suite again?

To everyone else who posted - thanks for the answers about transportation to Horseshoe - looking forward to this cruise - but not going till October. Enjoy - smooth sailing to all!

The Horseshoe Bay Beach shuttle is $16/person round trip and leaves from Zone 6 at the port. It takes you down to the beach entrance at the bottom of the hill and also picks you back up there as well.

The ticket also comes with a BOGO for a Dark n Stormy at the Frog and Onion.

More expensive than the bus, but it's only a 20 minute ride. We were told from people who took the bus that it took about 90 minutes each way because of all the stops (plus the stop for the beach is at the top of the hill).

Thanks for the post - yes, we are following you. In reality - it is called able to afford another cruise since we don't have to pay to fly to Florida. We have sailed every class ship except the Freedom Class - so I am very anxious to sail the Liberty. In a junior suite this time - will miss our Grand Suite - and all the windows and the huge balcony. I think you were kind person that sent me all the pics before we sailed. Are you in a grand suite again?

i know - sailing out of NJ is great. i wish they could get a bigger ship into baltimore, as that's only a 1-hour drive instead of 4 for us. i'm sure we'll try the grandeur out of baltimore one day, just for the convenience, even though i generally prefer bigger ships.

yep, that was me with the pictures of the SGS on anthem. we're in a balcony for this upcoming liberty cruise, though it's center-hump so i can't complain too much. :D last time we were on liberty we were in an OS, which was great, but the sailing this summer is so expensive that the balcony is costing us $500 more than our OS did last liberty cruise (same ship, same length, though different itinerary). :eek: we're in an OS with a wrap-around balcony for anthem later this year, though - right above our old SGS location on quantum, in fact. we generally go back and forth between balconies and suites, depending on price.

if you're looking for a good deal, check out feb 25, 2017 on harmony. it's out of florida, but dirt cheap. i got a crown loft for i think $4800, and friends were getting balconies for $1600-ish total for 2 people. i haven't checked it for a few days but for some reason prices on it have stayed low even as other harmony prices have risen.

i hope you love liberty! this trip will be our 4th time on her, so yeah, we like her just fine. :p

The Horseshoe Bay Beach shuttle is $16/person round trip and leaves from Zone 6 at the port. It takes you down to the beach entrance at the bottom of the hill and also picks you back up there as well.

More expensive than the bus, but it's only a 20 minute ride. We were told from people who took the bus that it took about 90 minutes each way because of all the stops (plus the stop for the beach is at the top of the hill).

Yes, thanks! that's the shuttle i meant. i knew it took you to the bottom of the beach, but not much else about it. this is good info for us to have for our upcoming trip, too. :)

Hi everyone. My husband and I are cruising Liberty of the Seas leaving Bayonne, N. J. Is anyone cruising with us?? This is our second cruise.

The first was on Explorer of the Sea. Liberty looks so much bigger. Can't wait..:) I almost forgot...this Sept. 19th..

Edited by LynKnee

The bus does stop picking up people going to work....They are crazy drivers. It did take longer than 20 minutes. Leaving Horse Shoe Bay there is a giant hill you have to walk up to catch the bus. Take the shuttle up for I think $2.00..

Hi everyone. My husband and I are cruising Liberty of the Seas leaving Bayonne, N. J. Is anyone cruising with us?? This is our second cruise.

The first was on Explorer of the Sea. Liberty looks so much bigger. Can't wait..:) I almost forgot...this Sept. 19th..

You should join your roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2028321

The private shuttle -- does it come every 20 minutes or so? Do you know the timesfor the earliest/latest shuttles?

We have an onboard credit so we may end up doing the RC excursion but that is only 4 hours total from what I am reading.

Thanks =)

We also did the shuttle for $16.00 per person round trip, just as "Nolesrule" did.

There were three of us: my husband, son and myself - upon returning to the ship we knew that was $48.00 well spent.

There is no set schedule for the shuttle - it leaves Royal Navy Dockyard once the shuttle is full. There are numerous shuttles, and many people, so while we had just missed one, we had to wait only 15 minutes for the next one to fill up. This was in the morning around 9 a.m. on the second day (5-night to Bermuda).

When leaving beach, as was posted above, the shuttle bus picks you up right at entrance to beach, so no walking back up the high hill.

There were towels for us to use to put on seats as our suits were still wet.

The drivers are great and the scenery is beautiful as well.

I would highly recommend this as a stress free way to get to and from Horseshoe Bay.

Enjoy!

We also did the shuttle for $16.00 per person round trip, just as "Nolesrule" did.

There were three of us: my husband, son and myself - upon returning to the ship we knew that was $48.00 well spent.

There is no set schedule for the shuttle - it leaves Royal Navy Dockyard once the shuttle is full. There are numerous shuttles, and many people, so while we had just missed one, we had to wait only 15 minutes for the next one to fill up. This was in the morning around 9 a.m. on the second day (5-night to Bermuda).

When leaving beach, as was posted above, the shuttle bus picks you up right at entrance to beach, so no walking back up the high hill.

I would highly recommend this as a stress free way to get to and from Horseshoe Bay.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that info, Seaotter!

my concern lies with returning, it is obvious as far as their last shuttle back to the port when leaving?

My pleasure :)

Yes, the drive back to ship is the same amount of time.

I thought we would have to wait a long time to go back to ship, but the shuttle was right there at the beach, so we did not have to wait at all (there were 5 of us in bus going back).

Once that shuttle departed, the drive communicated he was leaving, so the next one was on the way. It seemed like a well run unit and everyone we met (lady selling tickets / drivers) were friendly and helpful.

The sign at dock says one can buy tickets at the tourist info office - not so! Just go to Zone 6 and the lady there with sign for shuttle has the tickets.

(The shuttles were put into place by the "West End Development" - company responsible for developing tourism at the Dockyard)

Enjoy!

Since they have this new shuttle to Horseshoe, do you happen to know if they no longer have single tickets for the bus to Horseshoe? Is the "To The Top" guy at Horseshoe still there? Thanks.

roe2ship - I did see the "To the Top" guy there as well as many people walking up and down the hill to the beach.

Others did take the local bus, so tickets must still be available. There was a ticket counter in the Heritage Wharf building.

roe2ship - I did see the "To the Top" guy there as well as many people walking up and down the hill to the beach.

Others did take the local bus, so tickets must still be available. There was a ticket counter in the Heritage Wharf building.

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk