Carnival Kids Club Ages

Babygirl08

My nephew is sailing with us and will miss the 6-8 year-old group by 20 days. Seems he'll do much better in that group than the 3-5 group.

Does anyone know if these are hard and fast ages or can we request he goes with the older group?

My son was in the exact situation last year (he was 19 days shy of his 6th birthday on embarkation day). We made a request for him to be moved up to the 6-8 group (he had a younger brother in the 2-5 and an older brother in the 6-8, so it wasn't based on being with his siblings, but more on what was more appropriate for his maturity level - spending time with 2 year olds was less appropriate than playing video games with 8 year olds). We requested a move up at orientation, and the camp granted the request on a trial basis. He did great and stayed in the 6-8 group all week and had no problems. (We had heard of another 5 year old on our cruise who was moved up but had to be sent back down).

One caveat, our sailing was in September and there were not a lot of kids on our cruise (maybe a few hundred at most from 0-17).

It seems its a YMMV situation.

On a September cruise they let my October 31st daughter move up. On my last cruise in November, they let my 5 year old(March3rd so 4 months away) move up.

Then my daughter whose birthday was DURING the cruise was unable to move up :confused:

In most cases it seems they allow it. They prefer you speak with them to the side. Do not raise your hand during the orientation with that question. Then they may say no because everyone will want to change levels.