Captain Bryan's?

massachusetts_mama

We went with Capt Bryan in February and had a great time. The crew was very friendly and took a lot of time to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

The stingrays feel like giant wet portabella mushrooms when they swim by. It's a little unnerving at first, but you get used to it really fast. Just don't wipe any part of your body after touching the fish food. They tend to leave giant 'hickeys' if they smell the food juice on you.

We are big on flotation vests, and recommend them for stingray island. While the sandbar is really only waist to chest deep, the water swells brought it over our heads at times. We have our own vests and snorkel gear, and they had loaner gear on board as well. An underwater camera is also a good idea.

We did Captain Bryan's Buccaneer last cruise. We had a marvelous time! I would highly recommend them for a great excursion. We had 3 stops: Stingray City, the Reef, and Coral Gardens. There were lots of kids on our excursion. We all have 7 years good luck from kissing a stingray!

We booked Capt. Bryans Feb. also. It was the best day ever!!! Had our three children with us (10, 11, & 4) All had a fab time. They were so good with the kids and with the adults who were scarred. :)

It was way better then the doubel deckers we saw at double the cost. The place you meet is pretty run down to say the least, but don't let that fool you. Ivan did them in. It is well worth it.

Enjoy. They also had a great video guy. Well worth the purchase also.:)

Absolutely one of our favorite excursions! We had 19 people on board and made 3 stops, actually waiting to do Stingray City until last so there wouldn't be as many boats around. It was so nice to stretch out on the boat while watching the other jam-packed tour boats go by!

Nick and Robert were the crewmen we had and we had a blast with them! Robert will try to find eels and conch to show you in the reef and Nick is just a sweetheart. Jody was our videographer and took the time to get to know each family, definitely worthwhile to get the dvd (I think the dvd is about $65)!

They have water on board to drink, soda, beer and rum punch for sale. I would definitely bring snacks.

Enjoy, we sure did!

Gail

My wife and I are planning on booking Capt. Bryan's for our trip to Stingray City next week when we are in port (Wednesday Sept 28th). Can any of you tell me whom you used to book them and what you paid? I've seen shoretrips.com asking $44, Island Marketing $34 and then the email for capt bryan does not state prices, just gives way to contact them.

Also, I am wanting to make sure that we can go on the trip and be back at the port to be getting back on the cruise ship at 1:30. My wife would shoot me if we missed the boat :)

Any advice that can be shared would be appreciated!

Archived