celebration laundries and restaurants

Hi

We go on Celebration in two weeks after a week first relaxing in Dubrovnik

I just have a couple of questions about Celebration.

I see it has 4 laundries , are these all self service and if so do they have soap powder supplied or would I need to bring my own and how much do they cost.

I don't normally have to do washing apart from the 'smalls' onboard as we usually cruise first but as it is the other way around this time I am sure I will need to launder a few items.

If anyone can help with an answer for this I would appreciate it.

Could you also tell me if the captains gala dinner is on the day at sea ( as it does tend to be when we have been on other Thomson cruises ) and any information regarding the restaurants with supplements and your opinions of them. We are not going to attend the gala dinner as we have done this a number of times before and when on Majesty last year we booked up the

A La Carte restaurant for that evening .

Looking forward to going on Celebration 14 days and counting

We tried all three al la carte restaurants when we were on the Celebration in January. Of course any judgement is no more than a personal opinion but here goes. The food in Mistral was excellent and well presented the only downside was a lack of atmosphere in the restaurant. We enjoyed the novelty of the Hot Stones restaurant, on a nice evening it a change to eat under the stars, if we went again I probably would not have the lobster tail as they have to be cooked just right (not easy to do on a hot stone, well not easy for me). We found the Kora La a bit disappointing, I can't put my finger on it but it just didn't do it for us and like many people we do eat quite a lot of Asian food. Having said that it really is a matter of opinion you may well find that other folks will disagree with my views.

Regarding the laundries we did not use them but we have heard that they are free and soap powder is included and also that the driers are slow. But this is all second hand information.

Hope you have a great holiday.

we also like and eat a lot of asian food at home, we were v disappointed with the kora la too (dream at christmas)

overcooked noodle, bland curry, cold rice, dishes overly salted, thousand island dressing as a dip with prawn crackers as a starter? fried banana desert was nice tho

We didnt feel the need to use any of the speciality restaurants as the Meridian restaurant was very good.

I wasn't impressed with the launderettes at all on deck 6 and 7....only one iron in each...2 washers and 2 dryers...washer looked quite complicated....no sink/tap to fill steam iron......Didn't get good results when i did some ironing.....However they do a whole bag of washing for 12.95 washed and folded, which we used once each week...had to ask steward for form to fill in....back same day if put in early....

Sorry guys we did enjoy Kora La on Dream in May but we did like the others also think the hot stone is an experience not to be missed and great fun but you are correct no problems at all with the main restaurant but we like to try everything and always will:):)

Have used laundry facilities on both Spirit and Celebration. One is free of charge other costs £2-3 IIRC, think it is Celebration that is free but can't be certain. All detergents are provided. The laundries on the lower decks are bigger and have more washers, driers irons. Think I've probably used them all over the years. Washers are big and quite quick compared to mine at home, can get loads in them. Have never found it a chore and makes for less work when you get home too.

Lol. Use the one on deck 6 and it barely disturbs your sun/shade bathing out on the promenade deck on any day of the cruise. Just wish I could train the OH or the kids to do it for me. Live in hope!

Lol. Use the one on deck 6 and it barely disturbs your sun/shade bathing out on the promenade deck on any day of the cruise. Just wish I could train the OH or the kids to do it for me. Live in hope!

Ha ha, no chance Witsend :D

I put my laundry in, take a book out on deck than back to put it in the dryer, back to the book, then take the washing out and Bob's your Uncle! As you say, less to do when I get home :)

Yes Linda that's my routine exactly, must be in the name, I'm a Linda too. Perfect for going home especially if you cruise during the Autumn/Winter as there's no chance of getting it out on the line to dry then.

Hope we doing a good promotion for the laundry here :). There'll be queues now we've let our secret out :D

Three times on Celebration.

Always had a perfectly adequate Inside Cabin on 1 Deck.

Always used the free self-service Laundry on 1 Deck [or elsewhere], without any problem.

It's easier to use the self-service laundries on Port Days, as there's less people wanting to use them.