New to Carnival - have questions

beth96

We have never been on Carnival before (only Princess and Royal Caribbean) and I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for helping a Carnival newbie out!

Is it true that you can wear shorts into the dining room on casual nights?

If you get the Bottomless Bubbles package - do you get some type of mug or do they only serve the soda in a glass?

At breakfast, is there complimentary orange juice or do you have to get the Bottomless Bubbles to get juice?

Thanks again for your help.

Golf shorts, not basketball shorts are fine in the MDR on casual nights.

They only serve in a glass. You can buy a soda tumbler or bring your own.

Juice is available in the MDR and buffet at no charge.

Hello! Welcome to the Carnival Birgade, glad to have you here.

1)Yes, you can wear shorts on casual nights as long as they are kind of nice (khakis).

2) I think that they put a sticker on your card if you get bottomless bubbles and that is how they determine it, but i believe they still serve them in glasses.

3)Orange Juice is complimentary as well as coffee, tea, milk, and some other things.

I have been on Carnival probably 6-8 times. We always wait til we get on board and buy the Soda package. It usually is a "sale price" on the sail away day. It comes with a nice tall thermos like cup with a screw on lid. My husband & I usually "share" the soda package. It's a great deal. In the dining room, they usually give you a glass tho.

I have seen some casual diners, but I don't remember shorts. I've seen jeans & nice shirts, polos and even flip flops. I have worn my sundress to dinner (which goes over my swim suit). I have also dressed up in fancy clothes.

In the morning, I remember cranberry juice and I think OJ was free. In the PM, they always have lemonade and iced tea too, all free.

Beth,

A nice pair of shorts would be find in the MDR on casual nights. But very "short" shorts wouldn't be appropriate nor would with the "distressed" look (think rips and tears and frayed hems) be appropriate. Women's golf shorts, Bermuda shorts, Capri-length would all be fine. For men...same deal. I usually wear Capri pants on casual nights and the DH and DS wear golf shorts or nice jeans. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!:D

I can't remember if they still give you a tumbler or not with the soda package. I just show my card at any bar or food venue and they give me a glass w/ice. You have to pay for soda when you order through room service though...it's not part of the soda plan.I always take a 12-pack on-board so that's not an issue for me.

Edited by mousey

We have never been on Carnival before (only Princess and Royal Caribbean) and I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for helping a Carnival newbie out!

Is it true that you can wear shorts into the dining room on casual nights?

If you get the Bottomless Bubbles package - do you get some type of mug or do they only serve the soda in a glass?

At breakfast, is there complimentary orange juice or do you have to get the Bottomless Bubbles to get juice?

Thanks again for your help.

Welcome to Carnival!

Details on dining room dress code:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/whattowear.htm

Details on Bottomless Bubbles:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/fountain_funcard.htm

Juice: On Lido deck and in the dining room orange juice is complimentary. Refer to the Bottomless Bubbles information for other juice information.

Have a great cruise!