Pre cruise

bamagirl14

Next Saturday I am hosting a "pre-cruise" party for our group. We will be on the dream in March 2016 again. My question... Anyone know who I could contact at carnival about getting carnival lanyards for each one in our group? I was hoping to make goodie bags and think these would be great but of course I can't afford to purchase 25 lanyards. Think carnival would mail me some for free?

Also, what are a few ideas for games? I'm thinking cruise ship trivia of course but not sure after that.... I know that we will not all be doing the same exact excursions so I was also thinking of some type of "get to know" questionnaire sheet for everyone.

Ideas.... Go!

I've never seen Carnival lanyards. I kind of doubt they'd send you that many for free. Keep in mind not everyone will want to keep their card on a lanyard and that may turn into a waste of money.

What's your goodie bag budget? What do you have so far? I love stuff like that!

Well I'm hoping to play a few games and I think everyone will love whatever they get. I did buy some prizes like bath & body, dirty laundry bags, luggage tags, etc. those are for prizes. Not sure what else. Kinda depends on games I can come up with. Fortunately everyone knows each other. Some more than others so this should be fun.

Google cruise luggage tags,, can't post the web site on here, they have some nice luggage tags that are made for cruisers. I've ordered several for gifts. They are $2.50 a piece if you order 5 or more. Not sure how much your thinking about spending. Also bed bath and beyond have neat beach towel clips. They come in 2 to a pack.. I've also purchased this for my girlfriends as we cruise every year on a girl trip. I think the last ones I bought were maybe $5.00. You might be able to look at the package and order straight from their web site and save a little. The Carnival lanyards I believe are $5.95 or $6.95. I bought one on my last cruise because my waterproof one broke. One other thought, most ships have a Mardi Gras night where they throw beads, you could purchase some beads, too give them a head start, from party city fairly cheap. There's also a catalog something, oriental shopper or something like that, and you can buy in gross. Good luck.

Edited by volmoma

Well I'm hoping to play a few games and I think everyone will love whatever they get. I did buy some prizes like bath & body, dirty laundry bags, luggage tags, etc. those are for prizes. Not sure what else. Kinda depends on games I can come up with. Fortunately everyone knows each other. Some more than others so this should be fun.

Do you remember the little books that you could fill in the blanks and have a story. This might work with a story line of cruising. Wildest/cutest story wins. Also you might be able to create a search a word with words pertaining to cruising. You could put a time limit on the search a word most words found wins. You can find anything by googling. Pinterest might even have some ideas .

If you really want to give them a primer on the Carnival cruise experience then hand them bingo cards when they walk in.

Get 3 female judges for the hairy chest contest and then of course the men too.

Do a shortened version of the love and marriage game.

Give everyone a small flute of champagne and make them bid on your wall hangings.

The website is orientaltrading.com

Get red, white and blue lanyards to match the Carnival colors.

What ports are you going to on the cruise in March? Get some tropical paper umbrellas for drinks and make some island-inspired cocktails. You could also do a drink making contest like they do on the cruise.

The website is orientaltrading.com

Get red, white and blue lanyards to match the Carnival colors.

What ports are you going to on the cruise in March? Get some tropical paper umbrellas for drinks and make some island-inspired cocktails. You could also do a drink making contest like they do on the cruise.

This sounds awesome!!!

My kids always wore lanyards, but the adults never did. That said, I would want to wear a lanyard other than CCL since there might be others on the ship and they would look alike. I agree with the poster about getting umbrellas for the drinks, and some red, white and blue items to go with Carnival's colors. I would also consider for "prizes" maybe an over the door shoe hanger (for organizing in a cabin with very little counter space), travel sized room sprays (for those "stinky" bathrooms), extension cords (only one plug in some cabins), insulated mug/cup (keeps drinks cold on those hot days), travel fan (for white noise), etc. These are not only great prizes, but would initiate conversations (especially for any first time cruisers) about necessary items to have in your cabin.

I bought cute luggage tags, laundry bags, bath & body island margarita hand soap, packing reminder note pad, etc for gifts. I have a table set up when you first come in decorated in red and blue with a folder full of information on the cruise, etc and I even have a welcome aboard sign on the table. Also, a tiki hut decorated in lime green color with tropical pinks and orange. I have a big Its 5 o'clock somewhere sign along with the tiki hut sign. This table will have margarita Jell-O shots and chips n salsa That's all I have completed so far. I also have video and music for all of the latest line dancing which is done on the cruise all the time. Everyone will learn at the party so that they can participate in the cruise

I bought cute luggage tags, laundry bags, bath & body island margarita hand soap, packing reminder note pad, etc for gifts. I have a table set up when you first come in decorated in red and blue with a folder full of information on the cruise, etc and I even have a welcome aboard sign on the table. Also, a tiki hut decorated in lime green color with tropical pinks and orange. I have a big Its 5 o'clock somewhere sign along with the tiki hut sign. This table will have margarita Jell-O shots and chips n salsa That's all I have completed so far. I also have video and music for all of the latest line dancing which is done on the cruise all the time. Everyone will learn at the party so that they can participate in the cruise

Sounds AWSOME, wish I was booked with you guys....[emoji41]