Solo on NCL Jade?

Sparkles87

Hi All,

Looking at doing a solo 2 week cruise on NCL Jade and wondered if anyone can tell me what I could expect if I book it.

I have done solo on Epic twice and love it - I know it won't be the same but I am just wondering what the solo meet ups are like? (I know they have them from some shared dailies) It would be nice to meet people to hang out with in the evening and dine with also.

I just don't want to do the same cruise over again. I am currently between the Carribean on Escape and the Jade 2 week Adriatic and Greek isles but the Jade is a longer holiday for less money - a no brainer for me.

Any hints, tips or experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Can't help you with the ship, but I have sailed round the Adriatic and Greek Isles a couple of times and there are some fantastic places to see - and of course it's quicker to get to from the UK. [emoji3]

Solo meetups were basically a meet and greet session with a staff member trying to "break the ice". They didn't organize anything like the group lunch at the Teppanyaki restaurant or a visit to the Ice Bar like we had on the Epic. I think it's still worth attending the first two to meet some of the other solo cruisers that you may want to stay in contact over they cruise. There did seem to be a few more than I would see on a typical Caribbean Cruise.

I did really enjoy my Western Mediterranean Cruise on the Jade but found it very busy with its intensive itinerary. If you plan to partake in the evening activities allow a bit of time for a rest somewhere between getting back from shore and dinner. Depending on your interests a European Cruise can be really busy and interesting which may prevent you ever feeling lonely. Definitely stay active in the Cruise Critic Thread for your cruise. You'll get to meet people and they should have some good group excursions planned.

For breakfast the best bet was the 24 HR Blue Moon Restaurant. It was always easy to get a seat and you had the choice of the small cereal/continental buffet or ordering from a full breakfast menu (or a combination of both). Much better than the chaos of the Garden Cafe buffet.

As a solo I felt a little more "on my own" than on the Epic but still met lots of people along the way - solo and otherwise. Sometimes your new friend/friends may be sitting at the bar by the Great Outdoors Buffet as was the case with me.