Port of Miami to airboat in Everglades

Slyfox16

I don't believe any of them will pick you up. Everglades Safari Park is the closest one to the Port of Miami... http://www.evsafaripark.com/

The others I know of are all west of Fort Lauderdale. A taxi to any of them from the port would be extremely expensive... Why not just take the NCL shore excursion that goes to Everglades Safari Park and includes an airboat ride? That would be your best bet, not to mention the least expensive way to do it!

• 4 weeks later...

Trent,

We will be returning from our Costa Cruise early on Sunday, Dec 18 and I am interested in an everglades tour. We will be staying overnight before catching our flights home, and will have a rental car. Is Everglades Safari Park the best value? I don't mind driving a bit further, and since we won't be departing the same day, we can spend a bit more time getting back and forth and also at the everglades.

I've read a lot of post to which you have contributed immeasurablely - Thank You!

Oh, they're all about the same thing. I gave the OP the Everglades Safari Park one because it's closest to Miami. If you're coming in on Costa to Port Everglades these are similar places that are closer to Fort Lauderdale.

Everglades Holiday Park... http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/

Sawgrass Recreation Park... http://evergladestours.com/

Ride the Wind only does airboat tours... http://www.ride-the-wind.com/

Billie's Swamp Safari is operated by the Seminole Indians, but it's over an hour west... http://www.seminoletribe.com/safari/

I have to say you are a fountain of knowledge, you helped me out on another board about hotels in miami....................:)

We are doing a 'back to back cruise' so when the Navigator docks on Sat 3 Dec 05 in Miami, we stay on for another week.

Alot of the tours that take in the Everglades, but more importantantly an airboat trip [partners ambition to do], and operate to fit in with the cruises seem to offer a trip that takes people on to the airport............ obviously we want to be picked up and returned to the ship.

Doing this sort of trip at the end of our holiday is not really an option due to flight timings - hence the thought about fitting it in during the turn around.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks. Ruth1964.:D

The easiest, least expensive way would probably be to take the tour during the turn around day that drops you off at the airport. There won't be anything to do onboard that morning anyway, you can take the ship's tour that drops you at the airport and then just grab a taxi back to the ship. The cab fares between the airport and the Port of Miami are fixed at $21 per cab. Just make sure you take the tour that drops you at MIA and not FLL.

I'm not aware of any tour companies that would both pick you up and drop you off back at the ship. As taxis out to the Everglades and back would be extremely expensive your only other option would be to hire a limo for the day, but that would probably be a bit expensive as well.

You could also rent a car for the day, but I personally wouldn't want to deal with all that. I would just do the ships tour and take a taxi back to the ship from the airport.

We recently took the RCL Everglades Safari Tour after leaving the Explorer in Miami. When we got back on the bus, the guide asked for all our destinations - we had two for British Air, 30+ for American and two that were returning to the boat. Apparaently, arrangements can be made to be dropped off at the port; who to contact, I don't know.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Obviously if I can get a trip direct through Royal Caribbean I would feel happier about getting off and then back onto the ship in time, but must say why didnt I think about just getting a taxi back from the airport?!?:rolleyes:

Thanks again. Ruth1964.

• 1 month later...

Our flight is due to leave MIA 2:55 PM (kicking ourselves for not booking the earlier flight). Saw the Everglades tour and thought it might be a good way to kill some time and the kids should like it (ages 11, 13 & 16). Nothing like it in San Diego. RCCL says available for flights leaving after 3:00. Do they allow plenty of time between airport drop-off and plane leaving? I just want to make sure they have allowed time for delays.

Anyone know what time they actually get to the airport?

Thanks-

IIRC they usually drop you at the airport between noon & 1-1:30pm depending on how early they get going. Those tours are the first to leave the ship, normally by 8am, right after those with the real early flights. I think you'll be fine, but would want to be ready to go right away and be first off when they call your color so you can be on the first bus.

Describes 5 1/2 hours for this tour which ends at MIA - 30 minutes of which is the airboat ride. What does the other 5 hours consist of? Mentions the Sawgrass Reptile Exhibit and Seminole Indian Village replica - are these simply shopping opportunities at some touristy spot (which we are definitely not interested in)? Has anyone done this excursion and can fill us in? For $62 pp, we may be doing it on our own. Thanks!

The excursion I saw was 4 hours ending in MIA, 5 hours ending in FLL. We have considered this through the ship primarily becasue we're not sure how to deal with the luggage issue. If we do something by ourselves do we disembark - take luggage to the airport - check it in and then go on from there or what? Anyone know? If we do the excursion through the ship I am thinking the luggage stays in the "coach" and then on to the airport with us. Our flight leaves at 2:55 so if anyone has other suggestions we're open. (we are cruising 2/18 on VOS)

Thanks -

Like the OP my family (4 adults & 1 child) wants to do an Everglades tour before catching our plane. Our cruise line is sold out of this trip.:mad: What would the taxi cost for the trip from the port to Everglades Safari Park and then from the Park to MIA. Are there any Miami tour companies that do this kind of thing?

• 3 months later...

Q: We are thinking about taking the RCC tour of the everglades in December. Since this tour will drop you off at the Miami airport, do I still need my round trip transfers I booked with my TA when I booked my cruise or can I just switch to one-way to the port???

Q: We are thinking about taking the RCC tour of the everglades in December. Since this tour will drop you off at the Miami airport, do I still need my round trip transfers I booked with my TA when I booked my cruise or can I just switch to one-way to the port???

Can't see why you'd need them being that they drop you off at the airport after the tour.

Archived