Alaska Southbound - Radiance June 2015

your photo of the eagles and the american flag is awesome. Alaska was probably our favorite cruise, we now have a couple that are outstanding. We loved our excursions as we are wildlife enthusiasts. I can't wait to go back again.

Thank you. I got a lot of great shots of the eagles on this trip. For the first week we were home I found myself looking in the trees for a white head. LOL

Honestly I think it just depends on when they get everyone off and the majority of things cleaned. I know they sent us an email reminding us that boarding started at 4, but as you said there were people already on board when we got there. There are also a surprising number of people that do b2b cruises in Alaska since it's a one way trip.

I quite agree and I fully intend on going back and doing the B2B! One week was just not enough :)

I think the boarding time I had was listed as starting at around 2pm - it is strange how it varies from cruise to cruise. I had fully expected to receive reminders regarding boarding time but didn't get anything.

Seward is lovely though and there are a few options for spending a few hours before boarding. I like your idea of sitting on the shuttle, even if you don't get off!

I quite agree and I fully intend on going back and doing the B2B! One week was just not enough :)

I think the boarding time I had was listed as starting at around 2pm - it is strange how it varies from cruise to cruise. I had fully expected to receive reminders regarding boarding time but didn't get anything.

Seward is lovely though and there are a few options for spending a few hours before boarding. I like your idea of sitting on the shuttle, even if you don't get off!

We were there for 3 days before the cruise, it was nice. I enjoyed walking along the shore in the afternoons, there were whales and seals swimming around!

I almost forgot about the waterfall too, if you get off the shuttle at the sea life center and walk to the right like your heading out of town there is a waterfall near the road!

We were basically locals by the time we left, the shuttle drivers knew us, the cab drivers knew us... we were giving other tourists directions and ideas of things to do. lol It was great.

A lot of the places we went the people working were just summer help. My husband and I were playing around with the idea of spending a summer working in Alaska. It would be great to go whale watching every day and get paid for it!! ;)

• 1 month later...