Tricky Tricky..Carnival

JoeTN

So, I was looking at a cruise next April (assuming my first one in 40 days goes off without a hitch), and heres my question..

Im 20, and I'm allowed to sail in my own cabin / not adjacent to my parents because I'm prior military. Now, do any of you think Carnival will let me sail alone in April, being prior military with a past guest number ? I'll still be just barely shy of 21, but don't wanna wait for my birthday for the cruise (would be a nice present tho)

I talked to two people at Carnival and couldn't get a straight answer, im gonna call back in the morning, but figured I'd ask here.

According to Carnival rules you must be 25 to cruise alone unless you are married and travel as a couple.

No offense to you whatsoever, but I know this. According to carnival, a 20 yr old son of a husband/wife traveling must be in the same cabin, or an adjacent cabin, but obviously, I'm not (i'm 2 decks up on the other side of the ship), little known exception is that prior military can be anywhere on the ship, hence why I asked the question, as it involves a past guest number and meeting thier military exception. Hence this question was aimed at someone who may have my unique set of circumstances.

According to Carnival rules you must be 25 to cruise alone unless you are married and travel as a couple.

I was under the impression that as long as all are over the age of 21 in a cabin, that 21 is the age you can sail alone...you just can't have anyone under the age of 21 in a cabin unless someone 25 is in there as well....I'll have to look again at that.

How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

Actually, this is incorrect. You must be 21, not 25, to cruise alone. You only need to have a 25 year old in the cabin if there is anyone under the age of 21. Of course, there are the exceptions: married couple, parents on the same cruise, etc.

Sorry Joe, I can't answer your question, just wanted to give accurate information regarding the above. I wish you luck. You're old enough to defend our country; I hope Carnival cuts you some slack.

How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

So according to what you just painstakingly copy/pasted and made bigger, I'm not booked in my own cabin on the Fantasy ? thats odd, since they've sent me two forms of confirmation telling me that I am in fact booked in room E185, all by myself, and in fact no one over the age of 25 is in that room with me. Thank you for copying what I said I already knew. Darn, I wanna know who Joseph Todd is, and why they think he lives here, I need to get on his cruise ship for him :-D

And on that note, I called Carnival as promised, and lo' and behold, not only AM I booked in Cabin E185 on the Oct 30th sailing of the Fantasy (at which time I will be 20 years, 4 months, and 20 some days old), I'm booked in that cabin ALL by myself. They didn't even know my parents we're booked on the ship until I told him that. And yes, to answer my own question, I can book any cruise between now and my 21st birthday all by myself, I just can't have a room-mate, or they would be under the normal policy.

Actually, this is incorrect. You must be 21, not 25, to cruise alone. You only need to have a 25 year old in the cabin if there is anyone under the age of 21. Of course, there are the exceptions: married couple, parents on the same cruise, etc.

Sorry Joe, I can't answer your question, just wanted to give accurate information regarding the above. I wish you luck. You're old enough to defend our country; I hope Carnival cuts you some slack.

thanks for the kinder, not in size 24 reply :)

Joe Come book with us in our group in April and I will take you on as an acting chaparone!

God Bless you for defending our country!:) Maybe this will help?

We are going to the Western Carribean with a fair amount of folks your age too!!!

Good Luck! I too do not have the specific answer you seek.

Joe Come book with us in our group in April and I will take you on as an acting chaparone!

God Bless you for defending our country!:) Maybe this will help?

We are going to the Western Carribean with a fair amount of folks your age too!!!

Good Luck! I too do not have the specific answer you seek.

This is actually the cruise I'm looking at booking, hows that for funny :)

So according to what you just painstakingly copy/pasted and made bigger, I'm not booked in my own cabin on the Fantasy ? thats odd, since they've sent me two forms of confirmation telling me that I am in fact booked in room E185, all by myself, and in fact no one over the age of 25 is in that room with me. Thank you for copying what I said I already knew. Darn, I wanna know who Joseph Todd is, and why they think he lives here, I need to get on his cruise ship for him :-D

And on that note, I called Carnival as promised, and lo' and behold, not only AM I booked in Cabin E185 on the Oct 30th sailing of the Fantasy (at which time I will be 20 years, 4 months, and 20 some days old), I'm booked in that cabin ALL by myself. They didn't even know my parents we're booked on the ship until I told him that. And yes, to answer my own question, I can book any cruise between now and my 21st birthday all by myself, I just can't have a room-mate, or they would be under the normal policy.

Joe, I know my post didn't help you and I'm sorry . I know you already knew this info...That post was directed at hill6, who is misinformed about what age you need to be to sail. My post above it should have led you to that conclusion.

I have no idea whether Carnival will allow you to sail or not, although I feel they should.

Just watch out when you're boarding. You may have tickets, and you may have booked separately from your parents, but you are not clear until you actually make it on the ship.

I asked about this, caus I was paranoid as all hell about being under-21, and the fact that I'll be arriving seperately from my parents (they're doing an extended pre-cruise vacation, I'm not), but my docs are supposed to have something in them that denotes I'm allowed to board, I don't know if its a seperate letter, or something on the ticket or what, but I was assured and re-assured about it :p

This is actually the cruise I'm looking at booking, hows that for funny :)
Joe click on my banner for all our details for our group! Give Kevin a call and he will take care of you! Kevin is our TA for this group. Your first drink is on me!:) Say what you want folks but if he can defend our country he can have a drink on me!

If denied boarding....I'd flop the military ID down and say.....you need to get supervisor because I asked many times about this and was told no problem.;)

Good idea, it wasen't on my list of things to take, but it is now :)

Joe click on my banner for all our details for our group! Give Kevin a call and he will take care of you! Kevin is our TA for this group. Your first drink is on me!:) Say what you want folks but if he can defend our country he can have a drink on me!

I took a quick peek, Im about to leave for work (ugh @ closing and then opening the next day), but I'll give it a better look when I get home, then to go over my finances again :) Looks promising tho :)

Joe,

If there isn't a problem letting you book completely seperate from your parents for this one, I wouldn't forsee any problems. When you receive your paperwork, if there is not anything in writng on your documents or anywhere else, call and insist they send/fax you something in writing. That may give you the extra piece of mind and save you a bit of hassle getting onboard. If they aren't having a problem letting you book completely seperate from your parents for this one, I wouldn't forsee any problems. Just a suggestion, enjoy your cruise(s).

Originally Posted by Host Randy

If denied boarding....I'd flop the military ID down and say.....you need to get supervisor because I asked many times about this and was told no problem.;)

Joe,

We just got off a cruise last week with my active-duty Navy brother-in-law. At customs as we were disembarking he showed his military ID & started to pull out his passport. The customs guy said "Never mind, this is all I need to see, thanks for serving our country" and sent him on his way. So you never know, military ID might come in handy

Peach

being prior military with a past guest number ? I'll still be just barely shy of 21,

Joe, just curious, my son would be very interested in the answer, how do you become "prior" military after two years of service???

My son is interested in military benefits, but does not want to do a four year hitch - he and can't find anything shorter, where should we look, which branch?

Joe, just curious, my son would be very interested in the answer, how do you become "prior" military after two years of service???

My son is interested in military benefits, but does not want to do a four year hitch - he and can't find anything shorter, where should we look, which branch?

Could have been injured and discharged?

Archived