Adventure of the Seas 7/11-7/18 Pure Awesomness!!

Just got back from the Adventure, and this was my new favorite cruise. I'm not great at writing long winded reviews, but, I'll share a few thoughts.

1. The itinerary is spectacular! St. Martin, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados

2. The ship is in fantastic shape. I couldn't find anything to complain about maintenance-wise

3. The food in the Windjammer was great. Reminded me of the old days. The choices weren't as extensive as they used to be, but, the quality was top notch

4. Staff was great and attentive. Sometimes there was a wait for drinks, but, the bartenders were hustling to try to get to everyone as quickly as possible.

That's about all I can think of right now, I still have vacation brain. I'm willing to try and answer any questions, but, keep in mind that I was sailing with my boyfriend who is a guest entertainer on board, so, my experience was slightly different than a normal guest.

Edited by katydyd

I was sailing with my boyfriend who is a guest entertainer on board, so, my experience was slightly different than a normal guest.

Can I ask which one? I only saw a few shows or acts. I never knew how those worked.

Thanks for the link, I did a quick scan before I started mine, but, didn't see it. Vacation brain.

Scott Perham....the pub guy. We had a great week, and getting to see my guy after a few months didn't hurt either. :-) But, honestly, taking that out of the equation, this was just about the perfect cruise.

We were on this sailing also and agree w the majority of your observations. We didn't go to the pub that much but walking by we did hear Scott performing one evening and I commented to my wife he had a great voice and played well.

He'll be on until mid-September.

Oh, another observation, I found the public areas on this ship to be very warm. Maybe it's my age, but, I was always warm. Cabin was nice and cool though.

Loved sitting on deck 4 late at night and listening to the ocean go by.

We at in Giovanni's one night and it was very nice. We also did the Mexican lunch in there on the one sea day. It was ok. The food was decent, but, the service was very, very rushed. Unpleasantly so. We felt like we had to guard our plates to keep them from whisking them away before we were finished. Probably wouldn't do that again.

Just remembered something else....the hamburger and hotdog rolls were fresh and soft all week in the Windjammer. ALL WEEK!! I have never seen that before, but I love me a crappy Windjammer cheeseburger, and I was able to have one every single day!!

I don't, sorry. They usually set up the next contract at the very end of his current contract, or the beginning of his break. But, he has a website: scottperhamlive.com, he keeps it updated with his schedule.