Are these cruise bookers for real

Ever since we made our first cruise and I started reading on the internet about cruising, I receive all kinds of emails regarding deals.

What guarantee do we have booking over the internet?

And are these companies for real, is there a way to check them out? Some of them offer incredible values. Example yesterday received one that offered a balcony cabin on one of the Norwegian cruises said valued at $1800 for $900. If it is for real, how can they do it. I've only booked with the cruise line and maybe I'm naive.

I need to be enlightened on the cruise booking situation.:confused:

Barb.... Some are for real.

Some may not be.

have you tried ***** ? It's not a travel agent.

They will farm your specific request out to many agents. Then, by email...they will send you offers. It has a good reputation.

There are really good deals out there. I would recommend that you have some positive references prior to completing a deal with an internet person...or any person.

Some are for real. Check them out with the Better Business Bureau.

I personally have used two if you are interested in who email me and I will let you know who. And yes some of the deals have been wonderful, especially if booking very early or very late. For instance my recent cruise I got an aft balcony for about 50% of what the cruise line wanted.

Many of these agencies get the lower price by buying large groups of cabins or saying they will fill so many cabins (but allow you to pick which one) thus getting group rates. This is no different that many land based travel agencies. Just because you are part of a group does not change anything, you would never know you were part of a group booking.

My email dwilso2@insight.rr.com

Good luck in whatever you decide

Just a comment on *****. I think it's a great service for getting pricing. We got a bid on a cruise at a great price. Our regular TA was off on a cruise (imagine that) so we felt we needed to jump on the offer we got thru *****. Long story short - the TA just wasn't meeting our needs so we called our local & independent TA to see how much of a premium we'd have to pay if we switched over to her. Nothing. She had exactly the same pricing. And we're really, really happy with the service we're getting. So check out the pricing, know what's available, and then book someone you trust. It might be a big agency or it might not. I think the internet has really leveled the playing field in a lot of ways.

from AAA(those fine folks who offer tow service at like $60 a year). It was for midwesterners only, but had some GREAT cruise deals & a contest to win a 7nt carib. cruise on Holland America. So, I would definitely check them out as well. At least where I live they have always been reliable, if they say its x, then its $x. I love triptiks as well...:)

Archived