RCCL Shore Excursion costs on Harmony of the Seas

prchoudh

I am trying to plan on a cruise in July 2016 and wanted to approximate the costs for the shore excursions. The cruise does a roundtrip from Barcelona and goes to the following ports:

Malorca

Marseilles

Florence/Pisa

Rome

Naples

My wife has never been to Europe and I have been to all the areas that the ship has to offer. I am looking to hit the major tourist spots in each of the ports. Would $100 US per port cover the ports mentioned or should I allocate more?

Thanks

You will be able to do shore excursions in Palma de Mallorca and Marseille for well under $100 and the others for around or just over $100.

You can find the current RCI shorex offerings and pricing for each port by going into the booking page of the RCI website and selecting the tabs

Plan a Cruise

Shore Excursions

Search by ... Port of Call

Select port

Select 'shore and land excursions in ... port'

• 11 months later...

This is my first cruise and first time to Europe, not sure if I should book excursions through RCI or go out on my own, any suggestions? We are cruising in September starting in Rome, Naples, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Marseille, Pisa. It's a bit overwhelming. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I can appreciate how you feel. It's going to depend on how comfortable you are with public transportation, private/semi- private or big bus cruise line tours. Do you know what sights in each port you want to see? If you're unsure, get a hold of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports guide book.It will provide you with valuable information about your ports of call. I'm sure others will post and provide you with excellent ideas as well. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise. :)

Edited by senorbanda

This is my first cruise and first time to Europe, not sure if I should book excursions through RCI or go out on my own, any suggestions? We are cruising in September starting in Rome, Naples, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Marseille, Pisa. It's a bit overwhelming. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I would suggest looking through the forums, searching for some recent reviews of the cruise you are doing either on the RCI forum or look at the reviews of Epic on NCL because that is a similar cruise.

Look at other questions people have asked and get a sense of the answers. Whatever you are worried about we have all been there and discussed.

Only you will tell how comfortable you are with your tour choices. I have done all of those ports on my own - but your wife may have a bucket list of the Western Med. If you want to do ship tours, you may need to save up a bit more money.