Smoking in Rooms

DH30

Just a FYI, I returned from the Fascination on Friday and have this to report: We were in a porthole cabin Riviera Deck forward, the cruise was not full and we didn't have neighbors on either side of us. Each night when we came back after dinner to our cabin, it smelled of smoke. The only thing I can think of is that it seeped up from crew cabins below or possibly the cabin above us. In any event, It was certianly annoying and obvious, but I "got used to it" after an hour. I never noticed it while coming into the cabin during the day - only at night.

Are there smoking and non-smoking rooms? Neither I nor my wife smoke and both of us are sensitive to smoke so we would prefer a non-smoking room but our TA never asked us and now I am wondering.

I believe the only cruise line that does not allow smoking in the cabins is Disney. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me; but I recall reading that quite a few--actually MANY- times here at cruise critic.

Laura

Are there smoking and non-smoking rooms? Neither I nor my wife smoke and both of us are sensitive to smoke so we would prefer a non-smoking room but our TA never asked us and now I am wondering.

I can tell you that I am a total Jerk when it comes to smoking and the smells associated with it, yet I have never had a problem with a room on a cruise. There is one exception. A pillow smeeled strong and they (this was Celebrity at the time) brought up a brand new pillow to replace it. It literally smelled as though someone blew the smoke directly into the pillow.

Michael

They are not suppose to smoke in their cabins but no one ever follows this rule. We have been in a cabin that had been smoked in before and have been asked to move to another one. I have bad allergies from cigrette smoke and can't sleep in those rooms. So be careful and aware that they do smoke in cabins.

Cruizinrican:rolleyes:

They are not suppose to smoke in their cabins but no one ever follows this rule. We have been in a cabin that had been smoked in before and have been asked to move to another one. I have bad allergies from cigrette smoke and can't sleep in those rooms. So be careful and aware that they do smoke in cabins.

Cruizinrican:rolleyes:

HUH??? There is no such thing as non smoking rooms on Carnival... yes they are very much allowed to smoke in their cabins.

I am an ex-smoker and really bothered by smoke. Old stale smoke or new recently smoked so we carry FABEEZE with us. Buy the small sprayer bottle and put it in a plastic bag and spray everything, bedding, carpets, curtains everything. In a matter of moments you will never know anyone smoked in there! We use it at hotels and such as well.....

I am a smoker but however I dont feel thats its really all that safe to have folks smoking in their cabins. We just got back 9/18/05 from the Conquest and I didnt smoke in our cabin the whole time. It wasnt that bad to run up to the Lido deck if I wanted to smoke. Somehow being in the middle of the ocean with alot of folks drinking and smoking in their cabins kinda scares me! At least when you are in the bars or on the decks their are other people there to make sure ya dont catch the ship on fire!

This isn't a "flame", but......

Folks complain about smoking in my room, on my balcony and on 1 side of outdoor decks.:rolleyes:

I don't smoke at home... only on vacations, and will continue to do so. Deal with it.:p

While I will continue to complain and never deal with it, I will also never understand someone that only smokes occassionally.

Michael

I take it everyone that had something to type back are all smokers?

Why do you think that there is no ash trays in your staterooms?:rolleyes: If everyone was allowed to smoke in their rooms how do you think that they could stop people from falling asleep with a cigrette lite and set the whole ship on fire?

Okay, they openly state no lite flames in staterooms which would mean no burning candles or cigerettes.

Cruizinrican

My DH smoked cigars out on the balcony and the room steward will bring you an ashtray just for the asking. You can smoke in the cabins, granted it is not a good idea, but it is allowed.

They really use some good stuff, have never smelled smoke in our cabin.

Cindy

cruizinrican, you are mistaken. Smoking is allowed in ALL cabins on Carnival. There often are already ashtrays in the cabin when you arrive, however, if they are missing just ask the room steward and he will bring some. Disney is the only cruiseline that I know of that doesn't allow smoking in the cabins.

Brenda I tried to do my part. Cruised the Paradise twice and would a third time but they took her away and sent her to the west coast. That doesn't keep us from cruising though. The other ships are just as good if not better.

Brenda I tried to do my part. Cruised the Paradise twice and would a third time but they took her away and sent her to the west coast. That doesn't keep us from cruising though. The other ships are just as good if not better.

Absolutely! :D

I take it everyone that had something to type back are all smokers?

Why do you think that there is no ash trays in your staterooms?:rolleyes: If everyone was allowed to smoke in their rooms how do you think that they could stop people from falling asleep with a cigrette lite and set the whole ship on fire?

Okay, they openly state no lite flames in staterooms which would mean no burning candles or cigerettes.

Cruizinrican

on our last cruise, the cabin steward kept it discreetly hidden...he retrieved ours from above the mirror/desk area.

I did not arrive in my cabin thinking I could smoke in it, and no, there were no ashtrays, but as soon as our steward noticed we smoked (by seeing our cigarettes, as we had not smoked in our room yet), he was more than happy to bring us 2 ashtrays. I do not think he would have brought them if we weren't allowed to smoke in our room.

Archived