Royal Romance closed for storm but has help

myfairladyny

:) Congrats everyone. I decided to join the forum since I am getting close. I am getting married October 30th.I am sailing on the Serenade of the Seas. I was speaking with my coordinator yesterady when he told me they were closing for several days because of the storm. He told me if I had any questions, I could call the Royal Romance office in St Thomas because they are remaining open to help out during the storm to answer questions. I called them this morning and they were awesome. I just thought I would pass this along to any one stressed out. There is help out there.

I have a general Royal Romace question, I thought that maybe since you have booked wedding coming up you maybe able to help...

I've just decided on the cruise I will take for my wedding. I contacted both the HAL and RCI services, from my inital phone call I was impressed with HAL and completely unimpressed with Royal Romance. The way things worked out the RCI cruise itself will be most practical. I am just worried about Royal Romance. I have heard horrible stories about them, and I have read positive information like this thread.

I am making too big a deal of this? Did I just catch someone in a bad mood at their call center?

i'm the wrong one to ask...we are getting married 'just us two' so we figure -what can really go wrong ? LOL, i think a lot of it is what you make of it...

You'll read good and bod on here, but you'll read good and bad on crusing itself...people will always complain.

i'm the wrong one to ask...we are getting married 'just us two' so we figure -what can really go wrong ? LOL, i think a lot of it is what you make of it...

You'll read good and bod on here, but you'll read good and bad on crusing itself...people will always complain.

Thanks Jess&Marc - We're aren't having a big group, between 5 and 7 family members. I hope it isn't that that bad.

I know what you mean about people complaining, we are thinking about going on the Legend of the Sea's. If you read the review board people have given it poor rankings mostly because of one bad bartender or one bad cabin steward. That's not right. I started a Legend of the Sea's threat in the RCI area and many people are giving it glowing reviews. My theory is anyone who write an offical review just wants to whine.

RR isn't bad as long you don't depend on them much. Keep their involvement to a minimum and you will be fine. The more tasks and requests you make of them, the worse experience you'll have. I'm satisfied with them so far, but only because we're having a casual ceremony and no on-board reception. Steer clear of RR if you want a perfect ceremony with no detail overlooked.

My experience with RR has not been bad at all and I have quite a big group, 53 sailing so far. I mainly contact them through email and get very quick responses. My wedding is not untill Aug 6 2006 and we have booked the ceremony and two hour reception so far. I choose RC because I am sailing from NY/NJ area and wanted a 5 day Bermuda cruise and I have to say I am completely happy with how everything is goin so far. We used a private travel agent to book everyone's cruises and we are personally dealing with RR, so far so good but I will keep you posted.

Move AWAY from Royal Romance.

Dont even go there.

RR doesnt call themselves "the wedding experience" for nothing.....

It's definitely quite an experience....

Go with HAL, go with less stress....

You've done both?

-M

I only called to book my october 30th wedding monday, but i am having the best experience. We confirmed yesterday , they answered 4 emails today, then St Thomas RR group called to set up my times, etc, then emailed me everything... I couldnt be more pleased with the service I am getting !

Archived