Question for those who picked a shore excursion credit promo

cruiseelady

I received an email to remind me to call NCL to book directly by phone. They apply the credit when you book an excursion that way. Evidently, it can't be done on their site. Guess they didn't want to invest the IT dollars for a site update.

I received an email to remind me to call NCL to book directly by phone. They apply the credit when you book an excursion that way. Evidently, it can't be done on their site. Guess they didn't want to invest the IT dollars for a site update.

I wasn't even planning to book on line, I just wanted to make sure that the shore excursion credit is there. I was thinking of booking on the ship, but maybe its not the best idea to wait.

For those who picked a shore excursion credit promo. Can you see it under your booking on the NCL site? I don't see my shore excursion credit, only OBS is there.

Log into MyNCL.com and then go to "view reservation". Then go to "Vacation Summary". Scroll down and under the "Itinerary and Planned Activities" section, you should see it listed as "Amenity Details".

Log into MyNCL.com and then go to "view reservation". Then go to "Vacation Summary". Scroll down and under the "Itinerary and Planned Activities" section, you should see it listed as "Amenity Details".

I already did all of that, that's why I am confused. I don't see shore excursion credit. The only thing that is there is "onboard spending" with the amount shown. Not shore excursion credit.

Oh but I don't see "Amenity Details"

Edited by cruiseelady

Mine says that I have a credit, and to call to book my excursions. To make it even more confusing, I had already booked my excursions, so rather than refund me, the person I talked to told me to go to guest services on the ship and they could convert it to a shipboard credit. If I don't spend all of it, they will issue me a check. I made the decision to remove my prepaid gratuities and pay less upfront - when I go to guest services, I will have them add the gratuities on. that should use up most or all of the credit. Of course, they are raising gratuities, so I am losing a little bit there.

I already did all of that, that's why I am confused. I don't see shore excursion credit. The only thing that is there is "onboard spending" with the amount shown. Not shore excursion credit.

Oh but I don't see "Amenity Details"

You need to call NCL or your TA, mine under amenity details says Shore Excursion Credit and we haven't paid in full. Sounds like someone screwed up/mistake made.

You need to call NCL or your TA, mine under amenity details says Shore Excursion Credit and we haven't paid in full. Sounds like someone screwed up/mistake made.

Its a new booking, I booked this cruise 2 days ago, I wonder if that might be the case. Although the onboard credit is already shown. I also paid in full. Probably calling is a good idea, just to make sure everything is correct. I am cruising in 40 days, August 29th, the day is not that far away.

I booked my cruise on 7/17 and paid in full. Nothing on the NCL website indicates I have a shore excursion credit (or any other type of credit). Under "Itinerary and Planned Activities", I don't have anything called "Amenity Details", either.

But I called NCL today to book my shore excursions, and the CSA verified I had the credit and booked my excursions with no problem.

I booked my cruise on 7/17 and paid in full. Nothing on the NCL website indicates I have a shore excursion credit (or any other type of credit). Under "Itinerary and Planned Activities", I don't have anything called "Amenity Details", either.

But I called NCL today to book my shore excursions, and the CSA verified I had the credit and booked my excursions with no problem.

Ok so you are in exactly the same boat as me. I will do the same just to verify. Not sure if I want to book now or on the boat, still have not decided as to what I want to do in each port of call.

Ok so you are in exactly the same boat as me. I will do the same just to verify. Not sure if I want to book now or on the boat, still have not decided as to what I want to do in each port of call.

If possible I'd book as soon as you have decided while the prices are lower. One of the trips I was looking at went up a few $ from when I first looked to when I 'booked'. Still 3 months to go so will probably increase further the closer you get to cruise.

Although you don't actually pay anything now (as it's added to your onboard account and then the credit is taken off), NCL confirmed the price I reserved at will the price I pay.

Mine doesn't show anything either. For those who have it, have you made your final payment? I have not. Maybe it's that.

It is directly under the detailed itinerary on the Vacation Summary page; and no, I have not made my final payment.

Almost every excursion I wanted went up $10 per person last week.

I called to book then with my credit. I was told that I did not have to pay atthe time as they couldn't see what my exact credit is. They bill it to the ship and then it will be put on our onboard account.

I prepaid my DSC last night, and now I have a section called "Amenity Details" that lists the prepay, but there is still no mention of the shore excursion credit. Glad I when I called the other day that they had record of it there!

With some of the preceding info, I would also be sure to write down the actual price of the excursion when you book it so there's no misunderstandings on either side once on board regarding price when it was booked and the current price on board. Just sayin'.

I prepaid my DSC last night, and now I have a section called "Amenity Details" that lists the prepay, but there is still no mention of the shore excursion credit. Glad I when I called the other day that they had record of it there!

Request an Amenity Invoice from NCL, they will email it to you.

Request an Amenity Invoice from NCL, they will email it to you.

Thanks for the tip! I'm a very savvy domestic air traveler who knows all the rules and tips and tricks in that arena backward and forward, but this cruising stuff is new to me, and having been unexpectedly plunged into it a week ago and not knowing all the rules/tips/tricks is throwing me for a loop! I appreciate all the advice you experienced cruisers are throwing my way (not to mention that I've been devouring reviews of the Epic and the Western Med route on this site!).

Thanks again!

I just booked and the amenity I chose was $75 shore excursion credit in each port. Can someone who has taken advantage of this please post how this works?

From what I've read so far you need to call the excursion desk to book and take advantage of the credit if you want to book prior to boarding. If I book an excursion for the both of us and it's $50 each.....I will only get charged $25?

If that's the case, in some ports the walking, city tour excursions are only $29.....which would be free :)

Sounds too good to be true :)

Thanks for any input, leosmom