Cost of wine...

holdenfarm

I am a wine drinker and wondering if I am better buying the UBP that is on sale? I also enjoy diet soda when I am out around the pool. Any thoughts?

It really depends on how much wine you can drink. I drink a fair amount on vacation, so for me it works out. If you think you can drink 5-6 glasses of wine and a couple of sodas a day, every day, you probably will come out ahead. NCL typically pours are small for wine. I usually ask for a long pour at dinner simply because it is easier than trying to flag the waiter down for more.

The wine selection is pretty crappy onboard. I'm a sommelier and its a lot of wines that can be found at chain grocery stores. I suggest paying the corking fee and bringing your own

I'm not sure what a "corking fee" is, but you are correct there are some reasonably priced wines on board. There are also some pretty good/spendy ones. The $15 per bottle corkage fee is not bad, but, we don't like to carry on 14-15 bottles in our carry on. I do know that the UBP covers the cost of some pretty good wines.