Back on Board by 1:30?

paige78

Ok. We are in GC on Wed. 10/26. We need to be back on board ship by about 1:30. We can depart the ship around 7 a.m. Unfortunatly, that is not a whole lot of time on GC. So what do we do on GC? It's just my boyfriend and I. No kids. Do we hit the beach for a few hours? I would have loved to go to Rum Point, but I just dont think we have the time? Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

We did the stingray snorkel tour through Native Way Watersports (http://www.nativewaywatersports.com) and it was definitely the highlight of our cruise. They are extremely conscientous about getting you back in time for your ship. Ours last year left at the same time yours does and I was all stressed about it, but there was absolutely nothing to worry about. They've never had anyone miss their ship - ever.

Highly recommended!

What ship are you on? We are on the Inspiration and doing a tour through SOTOS, it is a sting ray tour. They assured me no trouble getting us back on time, so I am hoping they know the schedule better than I do and taking my chances..

My wife and I will be on GC on 10/17 on the Inspiration, also with the 1:30 deadline for being back on the ship. We decided to book Stingray Sandbar through Carnival as their tour is suposed to end at 10am, leaving us plenty of time to check out the rum factory, chocolate store, and perhaps Hell and the turtle farm. It costs more, but we wanted to do more than just the stingrays. To bad the ship isn't staying in port a bit longer as I'd love to go with a private tour.

We will be on Inspiration 10/10. We booked with Capt Bryans Catamaran. It's a 2.5 hr tour that does stingray city and 1 other snorkle spot. The tour starts at 8:30am. They said they will have us back to the port by 11:15am. It will leave us some time to shop around before the ship leaves at 1:30pm.

My wife and I are also on the Inspiration that will be in GC on Wed 10/28. This is our 2nd cruise and after learning from our first, I have done a lot of research on excursions and other things to do.

As stated here, I don't believe any tour will not make every effort to get us back on board in time. I am planning on booking the Catamaran Snorkel tour as well with Capt Bryans for the 8:30 tour. This tour is also offered through shoretrips.com but they say you have to be there at 8am and it's $10 more pp.

Given that the island is so small, even if we are back on the pier at 11:30 I believe there will be time to enjoy more of GC since we don't have to head back to the ship til 1:30.

GC is not the best place to do your shopping due to being more expensive. Also, not much time to dive. As for the other excursions suggested, if you do want to try something else I would just get in contact with the location, should be easy to do online, and get an understanding from them as to what to expect.

Hopefully you have a great time on the cruise. We've found it's one of the best vacations out there!

Archived