Brilliance Itinerary or Celebrity Equinox?

I would like to go on a Transatlantic followed by a Mediterranean cruise.I love the itinerary on the Brilliance, but I have found some very negative reviews of the ship and crew. If anyone has sailed on the Brilliance recently, I would love some advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would like to go on a Transatlantic followed by a Mediterranean cruise.I love the itinerary on the Brilliance, but I have found some very negative reviews of the ship and crew. If anyone has sailed on the Brilliance recently, I would love some advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've been on her a few times, most recently in January. As with my previous cruises on her, everything went smoothly. No issues at all with the crew, service or anything else. She's probably my favorite ship right now, so it's great that she's only an hour and a half away when she's in Tampa.

I agree with previous post. Brilliance is a great ship. We found the crew to be friendly and the ship is in great condition overall. We are sailing on her again next March for our anniversary. The only thing that bothers me about Brilliance is that they still have shower curtains that stick to you. :(

I'm not sure why of the 4 sister ships they have 2 with curtains still and 2 with the rounded doors.

We also love Celebrity and the Equinox is also a beautiful ship. I give Celebrity a slight edge on the décor and food. Royal and Brilliance gets the nod on entertainment options. Celebrity tends to have a more relaxed vibe on their ships while Royal offers options for those who just like to chill and others who like to get their groove on, so to speak.

Bring along some of those BIG plastic clothespins you can get at the $$ store and clip them on the bottom of the shower curtain - they will keep the water inside the shower itself and they weight just enough to keep the curtain from clinging to you. (Tip courtesy of many CC posters).

PS We liked the BOTS so much that we booked a Canada/NE cruise on her.