Should I upgrade to a spa balcony?

We are going on the Glory for our honeymoon in October and booked in a guarantee balcony room. I was just looking at prices online and found That I could upgrade to a spa balcony cabin for $100 more. Are the amenities worth it? Are the spa balconies covered? I have read some reviews and heard some balconies are not covered.

Thank, KenMo! The carnival rep that I just spoke with obviously didn't know what she was talking about because she was telling me about all of the different spa access we would get! :-/ she said the balcony is open but covered on top, meaning if it was raining and we were on the balcony our heads would be covered. Is that wrong? I'm only asking because I read a review that said the spa balconies are not covered.

I wouldn't bother. As KenMo mentioned, Glory doesn't have the Cloud 9 Spa, so no thalassotherapy pool, rainforest shower, aromatherapy steam rooms, etc. I believe all you would get is the slightly nicer decor and upgraded (although limited) bath products, as well as priority access to spa services.

If you got this offer on a ship that had a Cloud 9 Spa, it would be a good deal because it is usually $200 or more extra.

Re being covered, it would depend on what deck the room is on. We will be on the Breeze and they have Cloud 9 Spa balcony rooms on 3 different decks. We are on the highest one on our 8/1 cruise and will not be covered (but we like that because DH likes to get sun out there).

I find that many customer service reps have no idea what they are talking about re the differences between ships. I had several insist to me that the Sunshine had a thalassotherapy pool and then flat out lie to me and say there were some special "pods" that Cloud 9 Spa rooms could use. Um, NOPE.

Edited by Laurin612

We booked a guarantee balcony on the Valor and ended up in a spa balcony. As the other posters stated, it did not come with any extra perks or even any special decor. It was a very convenient location, near the kids club, pools, etc but I wouldn't have paid extra for it.

Thank, KenMo! The carnival rep that I just spoke with obviously didn't know what she was talking about because she was telling me about all of the different spa access we would get! :-/ she said the balcony is open but covered on top, meaning if it was raining and we were on the balcony our heads would be covered. Is that wrong? I'm only asking because I read a review that said the spa balconies are not covered.

If you're on that balcony when it's raining, you'll probably get wet.

Edited by KenMo

I wouldn't bother. As KenMo mentioned, Glory doesn't have the Cloud 9 Spa, so no thalassotherapy pool, rainforest shower, aromatherapy steam rooms, etc. I believe all you would get is the slightly nicer decor and upgraded (although limited) bath products, as well as priority access to spa services.

The décor is the same as all other cabins.

The Spa deck cabins have the same shower gel and shampoo mounted on the shower wall as all other cabins.

No priority access to spa services.

These cabins are the same as other cabins. They just happen to be on a deck named Spa.

Although...I believe they might have the sliding door out to the balcony vs regular doors.

Thank you, all! :) I guess we will just take our chances with the guarantee balcony. Since this board seems to know more than the carnival reps that I have spoken with, does anyone know if there are any obstructed views on any balcony cabins on the glory? I was told none of the balcony cabins have an obstructed view.