Escape menus?

teseo

Being from Miami, it bugs me that Moderno apparently isn't making their Caipirinha properly anymore. It's not supposed to be made with simple syrup. It's supposed to be made with coarse-grain sugar (preferably demerara) muddled with the lime, and there's a small amount of sugar still left in the bottom of the glass while you're drinking it. Simple syrup just waters it down and it doesn't taste right. They used to make it properly, or at least they did when I had them on the Breakaway in in 2013. On the Epic last year, they attempted to make it correctly, but they had the proportions off.

We were supposed to on the first night but unfortunately it was cancelled.

steamboats

Thanks for the awesome review! I actually posted a link to it on another thread so that people could see the pictures and menus.

We are on the Escape April 2016-we have the specialty dining package for 4 nights. I noticed many of the specialty venues have gone to a la carte pricing-how do you manage that when you have the dining package?

They are still included in the package. We ate Cagney's this evening. We had 2 appetizers each, 2 sides each, surf and turf, and dessert. Our charge was zero.

I finally finished my review. I put in every menu I found including the whole room service menu. It´s deck by deck with restaurants and bars featured seperately. Our cabin plus some of the show cabins are featured also. Text is in German but google translate works pretty well.

steamboats

!!!!KKGg

We asked for the children's menu in the MDR in Southampton and were told they hadn't received them yet. We had to rely on the server telling us what they had (which I can't now remember).

I have no idea whether they have them now, but I suspect they won't until Miami.

We asked for the children's menu in the MDR in Southampton and were told they hadn't received them yet. We had to rely on the server telling us what they had (which I can't now remember).

I have no idea whether they have them now, but I suspect they won't until Miami.

Thank you for the information!

They are still included in the package. We ate Cagney's this evening. We had 2 appetizers each, 2 sides each, surf and turf, and dessert. Our charge was zero.

I thought there were special entrees that required an "additional fee" when using the SDP and I thought the Surf and Turf at Cagney's was one of them?

I thought there were special entrees that required an "additional fee" when using the SDP and I thought the Surf and Turf at Cagney's was one of them?

No. No extra charge items at Cagney's or Le Bistro. It works just like the UDP used to. You can order anything, but extra charge if multiple entrees are ordered. On the old Cagney's menu, people used to order a steak and then add a lobster (2 separate entrees). On the new menu, surf and turf is a listed menu choice. It's a 5oz filet and half a lobster.

• 1 month later...
No. No extra charge items at Cagney's or Le Bistro. It works just like the UDP used to. You can order anything, but extra charge if multiple entrees are ordered. On the old Cagney's menu, people used to order a steak and then add a lobster (2 separate entrees). On the new menu, surf and turf is a listed menu choice. It's a 5oz filet and half a lobster.

Thanks so much for this info! I will definitely try the surf and turf! :)