LA Harbor Hotel - Should I be concerned?

sailing sue

I called the hotel directly and reserved a room pre cruise for December. The lady I spoke to was friendly (at that time). I have called back frequently for them to send me a confirmation of my reservation. I have been put on hold or told to call back. I have also been cut off when they realize it is me calling again. I can't seem to get anyone there to email me my confirmation. Should I be concerned?

I think I would be if this were happening to me. Do they have a website and, if so, there is usually a way to email them thru that. I would not wait too long before making reservations somewhere else.

Another thought - call and say you want to cancel a reservation and see if they actually have one for you and then say you will keep it - what is my confirmation #......

FYI, The LA Harbor Hotel WAS the Sheraton but changed hands and part of the hotel is being remodeled as we speak. It sounds like they are having transition pains. It is a 9 story hotel that is about 1/4 mile from the entrance to the port. I would still wanted confirmation if it was me.

All is well in LA Harbor Hotel Land! I emailed them with my request for immediate confirmation and they sent all my details within a few hours. My mind is at ease now. I know that the hotel will become the Crown Plaza soon. Exactly when, no one knows for sure, but the pillow top beds are coming. I will be arriving there on Dec 22 so the hotel should be in order by then. I will post my report on the hotel when I get back from my Christmas cruise in the new year.

Hi Sailing Sue!

We're sailing from San Pedro on November 26. Do you happen to know if the LA Harbor Hotel will be renovated by then? Could you please provide their E-mail address or phone number - I'd like to ask them a few questions about their facilities/amenities.

Thanks very much.

All is well in LA Harbor Hotel Land! I emailed them with my request for immediate confirmation and they sent all my details within a few hours. My mind is at ease now. I know that the hotel will become the Crown Plaza soon. Exactly when, no one knows for sure, but the pillow top beds are coming. I will be arriving there on Dec 22 so the hotel should be in order by then. I will post my report on the hotel when I get back from my Christmas cruise in the new year.

Sue, glad all is well. Enjoy your cruise and we look forward to your hotel and cruise report :)

Archived