Chefs table

coralskygirl

They do still do it - or did a few months back when we were on the Dawn. We booked it as soon as we boarded - asked about when we ate our first meal and then signed up. We have done it a couple of times because it is such a nice event! Drinks and meeting before, lovely table with multiple courses and wines to match and almost too much service (those tending this table as so attentive). Also includes a memorable group photo with the chef and then after-dinner drinks. Sort of like the Captain's Table experience only you are paying for it. Hope this helps.

margretha

Yes they still do it. Like the previous poster said, you have to book it as soon as you get on as it is very limited.

Do a little research on your ship and find out where the food reservations are being done the day you embark.

Last December on the Getaway, it was in the comedy club while everyone was boarding. I was afraid I almost pulled my SO's arm out of her socket trying to get there because the ship docked on the other side than I had studied so right turns became lefts. :)

It was an amazing dinner experience with awesome people (some from this very site) whom we still keep in contact with.

Edited by CP Tech

Yes they still do it. Like the previous poster said, you have to book it as soon as you get on as it is very limited.

Do a little research on your ship and find out where the food reservations are being done the day you embark.

Last December on the Getaway, it was in the comedy club while everyone was boarding. I was afraid I almost pulled my SO's arm out of her socket trying to get there because the ship docked on the other side than I had studied so right turns became lefts. :)

It was an amazing dinner experience with awesome people (some from this very site) whom we still keep in contact with.

Book as soon as you board...space very limited...I believe they usually do this only on sea days...its a great experience and definitely worth the money.

They don't offer it on all sailing of all ships. We asked about it with the concierge first thing when boarding the Gem for our 10 day, and it turns out they weren't going to have it on this sailing. I'm hoping to get another chance at it on our Escape TA, but it being the maiden voyage, I'm not going to hold my breath. lol

We were on the Breakaway in April. Here is the menu for the Chef's Table. You will not want to miss it. I had to scan it, top and bottom because it is a very long menu.

I am a little confused; is everything on the menu served or do you get a choice? For example, it looks like there are three items as appetizers--the mango amuse bouche, the tomato lavosh (whatever that is), and ahi tuna tartare--you get all of those? It also lists pan seared sea bass and milk-fed veal chop (with potatoes and spinach)--each sounds like an entree--you get both? It seems like an awful lot of food (a number of which do not appeal to me, but others do).

I am a little confused; is everything on the menu served or do you get a choice? For example, it looks like there are three items as appetizers--the mango amuse bouche, the tomato lavosh (whatever that is), and ahi tuna tartare--you get all of those? It also lists pan seared sea bass and milk-fed veal chop (with potatoes and spinach)--each sounds like an entree--you get both? It seems like an awful lot of food (a number of which do not appeal to me, but others do).

You choose

Yes, you get everything! The chef comes out and introduces each item, describing how they were prepared; some take three days! The somilier then introduces a wine to go with each course.

With before-dinner drinks and after-dinner drinks, it's quite an intimate, enjoyable evening. Photos are also included of the group and one of you or your and your SO with the chef.

Oops, the only thing you don't get both of is the dessert. The alternate the placement of them, and you and your SO may share each, if you wish.

There are pictures of each course in the reviews in my signature, below.

Edited by planma'am