Upgrade to balcony

BarnhamDave

AZura in September,just got a call yesterday from p&o asking if we wanted upgrading from obstucted outside cabin to balcony hb grade for 50£ each great result so you can get lucky sometimes.

Lucky you enjoy :) have never been upgraded by P&O but have been by Princess happy cruising :)

I'm not sure, I booked direct on this occasion. I think there are two sorts of upgrade, those you don't have to pay for and those you do. Mine was the latter and I got an e-mail. I suspect it happens when the cruise is under subscribed so the price is going to drop, and perhaps if you are booked in a cabin they think would be easy to re-sell. For example I was in an aft balcony, which lots of people like. My upgrade is a huge jump, I have been offered s mid-range suite. I wanted an aft suite which is the lowest range but this is not part of the deal - because of course they are more popular than mid-ship so easier to sell. I'm not sure if that makes sense or if I rambled. Lol.

By the Barnham hotel? Also remember Timlick's the cobblers.

Spent many pound notes in the Barnham Hotel

Our shop was further down than timlicks....next to barnham joinery under the veranda. The other side of us was an estate agent where Petula Clark's mum used to work, then barnham post office before it went into the sperrings new build, then keith evans the butcher!! :)

(apologies to all not involved, but except for "Change at Barnham for Bognor Regis" Barnham is not well known.)

I'm not sure, I booked direct on this occasion. I think there are two sorts of upgrade, those you don't have to pay for and those you do. Mine was the latter and I got an e-mail. I suspect it happens when the cruise is under subscribed so the price is going to drop, and perhaps if you are booked in a cabin they think would be easy to re-sell. For example I was in an aft balcony, which lots of people like. My upgrade is a huge jump, I have been offered s mid-range suite. I wanted an aft suite which is the lowest range but this is not part of the deal - because of course they are more popular than mid-ship so easier to sell. I'm not sure if that makes sense or if I rambled. Lol.

Hi Florry, think I get where you are coming from.

Hope my cruise on 2nd Jan is under subscribed and my obscured balcony cabin is easy to re-sell.

If not well I'm still on a balcony and on a cruise and in the Caribbean, what's not to like?

Rick.

What's not to like indeed! We did the Caribbean a few years back but had an inside, still enjoyed it as much as all the others. It's generally the ship, people and ports that I remember not what the cabin was like. Have a great time!