Sail- Away Port Everglades Oasis of the Seas

Good Morning,

We have sailed out of Port Everglades many times but this is our first on the Oasis. We will be traveling in a suite cabin starboard side so obviously that won't work. Our question is where is a good place we can stand on deck holding a banner that would have the best possibility of being seen by the Port webcam. We are leaving a 14 year old daughter with her grand parents at home. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary otherwise she would be with us.We are going to make a special banner just for her as a surprise. She will be watching the sail-away with her grand parents on the internet. We have watched several of them ourselves looking for a good place. Any ideas:)

Thank you

My first sailing on Oasis is next month but have watched several sailings from the cam, they often zoom in on the deck space aft of the flow riders and also the jogging track behind the Aquatheater.

A good size banner does seem to get their attention.

Good Morning,

We have sailed out of Port Everglades many times but this is our first on the Oasis. We will be traveling in a suite cabin starboard side so obviously that won't work. Our question is where is a good place we can stand on deck holding a banner that would have the best possibility of being seen by the Port webcam. We are leaving a 14 year old daughter with her grand parents at home. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary otherwise she would be with us.We are going to make a special banner just for her as a surprise. She will be watching the sail-away with her grand parents on the internet. We have watched several of them ourselves looking for a good place. Any ideas:)

Thank you

You do know that you can email the webcam operator and ask him to zoom in to a specific spot during sail-away? That way, you can be assured you'll appear in the video.

Good Morning,

Thank you

I just submitted a wave request today for my Independence cruise this October.

Having sailed on Oasis many times I prefer the deck 5 aft section more port side for a wave now that they took away the public balconies. The bridge wings are good as well on deck 14.

Be specific in where you will be and your what your banner will say. Have fun. When can we look for you at sail away?? :)

Here is the wave request link.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

My wave from Feb on Oasis

11025784_10153048194425772_5432385717364049094_n.jpg?oh=11227727eeb4b3172a2bd00978dd88b5&oe=5643F16D

Edited by emmy

I just submitted a wave request today for my Independence cruise this October.

Having sailed on Oasis many times I prefer the deck 5 aft section more port side for a wave now that they took away the public balconies. The bridge wings are good as well on deck 14.

Be specific in where you will be and your what your banner will say. Have fun. When can we look for you at sail away?? :)

Here is the wave request link.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

My wave from Feb on Oasis

11025784_10153048194425772_5432385717364049094_n.jpg?oh=11227727eeb4b3172a2bd00978dd88b5&oe=5643F16D

Great picture!

As Bob and several others have recommended we will be port side on the wing above the bridge on deck 14. As far as the banner goes it will have our daughters name which is Mari-Lyn. We haven't figured the rest out yet. Trying to keep it a surprise. We are thinking about having a picture of her with her horse transferred to the banner. She loves her horses and is very big in 4h. We know it will need to be an extra large banner so it can be seen. We are going to purchase several copies of the sail-away for family members if it works out as we hope it will. If someone knows of a company or person that offers the service of transferring photos to a cloth banner we would be interested. God Bless. We truly appreciate every ones help.

The sailing date on the Oasis is 10/31/2015

Edited by flacplnj