August Promo Question

Welp, looks like I'm going to rebook my inside cabin in August. :D

Watch your pricing. NCL is infamous for jacking them up when new promos go out. That happened the second they included studios and insides in the promotion for the itinerary I was looking at. It's not a promotion when you're paying for it in the base fare anyway. :(

Gratuities per person, based on the wording in the table above it.

I understand the first table. It's the gratuities for the UDP/UBP/Soda based on the length of the cruise. The second table, not so much. It looks like a SDP gratuity table, but why did they include it?

EDIT: I'm not so sure this is going to give the UDP to inside and studios. Why else would they say:

Dining Credit:

$50 dining credit per person for guests 1 - 2 on the reservation.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on specialty dining once on board.

Dining credit can be used towards specialty dining gratuities.

Edited by Sizzlechest

Does anyone know if the reduced deposit is going to be making a come back for 2016 bookings soon? Maybe in August?? I did see that if you booked for any remaining 2015 cruise, deposit was reduced. I can't remember how long ago it was and how long it stayed around.

Am I reading right that prepaid gratuities are now an option for inside cabins?

Why wouldn't they be? I just prepaid mine to lock in the $12.95 rate for a 2016 cruise.

BTW, I suspect this Aug promotion is identical to the current July one. That's why it doesn't say anything about oceanview vs. inside and studio. It depends on the sailing date.

Gratuities have been added as one of the choices for August promo, insides included.

The way the options are listed is a bit confusing. Yes, the price has increased on my cruise ($70 for 2 passengers), but the free gratuities will be worth $190, so I guess I'll be changing that reservation.

Sorry, I must be blind. Here's the link that was posted. Where is this stated?

http://partners.ncl.com/destroot/norwegian/files/download/pieces/60014/terms/FreeStyleChoiceAugust2015_Terms.html

Third paragraph from the bottom:

Service Charges:

Prepaid gratuities, otherwise referred to as "Service Charges," applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

If guests choose this option and have 3-8 guests in the reservation, the 3-8 guests must pay their gratuities once on board

Guests are responsible for on board gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

Offer has no cash value and cannot be disputed.

I see what you mean, but this is grouped so poorly, I'm honestly not sure exactly what's in this promo. The gratuities on a 7 day cruise for two people are worth $90.65pp currently and even more after the next increase takes hold. Unless your cruise has 4 port stops and you plan on doing excursions through NCL on all 4, this is the best by far.

Found it:

11169157_10153086259301733_2710722628277058540_n.jpg

August Promo: Finish off your summer with a sizzling offer. Book a Studio or higher and choose from five great offers. Toast another magical sunset, compliments of our FREE Unlimited Beverages. Indulge in delicious meals with our FREE Unlimited Specialty Dining. Don't worry about the tip with the FREE Gratuities. Upload tropical selfies with our FREE WiFi. Share the trip of a lifetime with a loved one with our Friends & Family Sail FREE. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get ALL five offers for FREE!

Looks like I'm rebooking if the price remains the same. Hopefully this applies to 2016 sailing dates.

Found it:

11169157_10153086259301733_2710722628277058540_n.jpg

August Promo: Finish off your summer with a sizzling offer. Book a Studio or higher and choose from five great offers. Toast another magical sunset, compliments of our FREE Unlimited Beverages. Indulge in delicious meals with our FREE Unlimited Specialty Dining. Don't worry about the tip with the FREE Gratuities. Upload tropical selfies with our FREE WiFi. Share the trip of a lifetime with a loved one with our Friends & Family Sail FREE. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get ALL five offers for FREE!

Looks like I'm rebooking if the price remains the same. Hopefully this applies to 2016 sailing dates.

Where on the site did you find the August promotion?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk