NCL DSC increase

Whitnee1

Just received an email that the DSC increasing to $13.50 and $15.50 PP effective 8/1/15. Didn't they just have an increase less than a year ago and are they still adjustable???

Odd that you are just getting that email now. Folks were getting that a few weeks ago. You are correct, they raised them not too long ago and yes, their policy is that they are adjustable if you are unhappy with your service and they can't resolve the issue.

Thanks just got the email from T/A for Jan cruise where I already prepaid to avoid the first increase. I thought old age was creeping up on me when I saw two increases in less than a year. What is the mandatory 18% gratuity that they are talking about?

What is the mandatory 18% gratuity that they are talking about?

First of all, any auto-gratuity is not mandatory but can be adjusted onboard.

Secondly, when DSC was raised last time, speciality restaurant servers supposedly were removed from the DSC pool meaning that we pay more for fewer employees and speciality restaurant cover charges are now added 18% auto-gratuity "for our convinience".

Thanks just got the email from T/A for Jan cruise where I already prepaid to avoid the first increase. I thought old age was creeping up on me when I saw two increases in less than a year. What is the mandatory 18% gratuity that they are talking about?
An 18% gratuity is added to beverage service, specialty restaurants and spa services.

OK not to beat this to death but if you have the UDP and UBP for free what are they going to charge 18% of???

Before June gratuities were included in promo packages, for reservations made since beginning of June passenger must pay the gratuities for the promo packages just like when actually purchasing the package.