White Suit??? Aficionados Only!

zlato

Have never seen a fashion score sheet on HAL but they do have recommendations for dress on gala/formal nights for men:

1. jacket - check

2. tie - check

3. color - not specified (dark is mentioned) but who cares really. Have seen almost every color imaginable (the purple velvet suit was amazing) and they all looked great. Now the Navy, the officers, James Bond wear white jackets so wear your beautiful tropical suit and enjoy as it will be stunning.

4. local formal wear is also acceptable as stated by others including oriental silk 'over jackets' - sorry do not know their name.

Edited by take us away

I think it's a great idea and you will look fabulous in it. There are a few people who might think you should 't wear it but don't worry, they're too busy wondering if they should turn their baseball caps forward or backward for formal night!

Thanks for this discussion..

I was going to start a Tropical thread: we are about to sail VENICE to Singapore and I don't think my usual TA wear will be cool enough!

Considering our progress near the Equator, will the air con on the ship require a wrap or sleeves in the MDR?

Since we are extending with a visit to Malaysia and Thailand, I hate to make DH carry his tux, even though he looks really sexy in it. We did get him a light khaki colored linen jacket and pants...so, we'll see.

But please tell me if I should leave the shawl or sweater at home.

Thanks.

Susan

Thanks for this discussion..

I was going to start a Tropical thread: we are about to sail VENICE to Singapore and I don't think my usual TA wear will be cool enough!

Considering our progress near the Equator, will the air con on the ship require a wrap or sleeves in the MDR?

Since we are extending with a visit to Malaysia and Thailand, I hate to make DH carry his tux, even though he looks really sexy in it. We did get him a light khaki colored linen jacket and pants...so, we'll see.

But please tell me if I should leave the shawl or sweater at home.

Thanks.

Susan

Do you often get cold in restaurants? If so, take a wrap. It's a pretty personal thing. We've often been toasty warm while other people are "freezing" at 75 degrees Fahrenheit. The wrap gives you layers, which is a safe bet. It shouldn't take up too much room in your bag.