Sun Cream

Over the last few years more sun creams have come onto the market that you use just once a day. Has anyone found one that works for over eight hours? Also I found that P20 stained my summer tops. Is there any that are stain free?

After trying most of the brands over the years we have settled on Ultrasun sport its just once a day (even in the Caribbean), you put it on first thing before any of your other stuff and it does last all day and is totally non greasy it is expensive but we find it well worth the extra. Good luck:)

From the same website:

"You should also ensure that the sun cream you use offers protection against UVA and UVB radiation"

Apparently the SPF Factor on the front of the bottle only refers to UVB. You have to look on the back to find out what protection there is against UVA.

We use Piz Buin once-a-day (which is always on special offer somewhere!). We have not found that it stains clothes but last year I tried Boots own Soltan once- a-day and it definitely stained my husbands tee shirts and did not wash off them.

I've been using Calypso Once A Day for a few years now and will not change back to anything else. It's a liquidy gel and very easy (and cheap) to slip, slap slop. No smell either - used to use Piz Brin all day stuff but the scent was too strong and I'd spend an hour sneezing my head off. And as it'a so expensive I'd probably did not use enough.

I use Bio Oil as aftersun and with that combo I keep my tan for ages.