Oceania's Mattresses

QQRZZA

We have done a lot of cruising and are now taking longer (14 day+) voyages. HAL has greatly improved their bedding, but RCCL and Celebrity still have their tired old uncomfortable matresses. Can anyone speak for the comfort level of the mattresses on Regatta and the Oceania Cruise ships?:rolleyes: It's nice to know how the beds are when you plan to spend 1/3 of a two week cruise in it.

Agree with Mike, I also found the beds on the Insignia to be very comfortable - sheets, pillows, duvets all good quality too. Rarely find hotel beds to my liking and as a first time cruiser I was pleasantly surprised to find the ship's beds to be so comfortable.

Just off Regatta - found mattresses comfortable, but with a beading around the edge that was quite hard (I'm very tall and have to draw my knees up a bit for the bed while sleeping on my side).

In the minority, I am sure, but I am not a fan of duvets.

The mattress on the Regatta (and presumably all Oceania ships) measured 66" wide x 76" long, and there was 10" clearance under the mattress for luggage storage. There were four down filled pillows. The sheets were also of premium quality. These beds were among the best at sea, however, due to the absence of box springs, they might not match beds in five-starred land based hotels. Hope this helps.

We did, Claudia, and it is still available on this very Oceania column, late April, 2004. Anyone interested in detailed measurements of the basic balconied cabin is surely welcome to read it.

By the way Claudia, Silversea is having a 126 day round the world cruise in early 2007, I think it may interest you, meow!

We have done a lot of cruising and are now taking longer (14 day+) voyages. HAL has greatly improved their bedding, but RCCL and Celebrity still have their tired old uncomfortable matresses. Can anyone speak for the comfort level of the mattresses on Regatta and the Oceania Cruise ships?:rolleyes: It's nice to know how the beds are when you plan to spend 1/3 of a two week cruise in it.

We just returned from a 14 day Insignia cruise. Mattresses were wonderful, as were pillows, comforters, etc. On my return home, I ordered their bedding from website (not mattress). Most comfy bed on any ship we've sailed on.

Just returned from wonderful 2 week cruise on Insignia. Beds were wonderful. Better than any ship I've sailed on, and I've been on many cruises. In fact, I ordered pillows and bedding (except for mattress) on their website as soon as I returned home. Now every night is like a cruise!! Have a wonderful cruise.

Many thanks for all your thoughts and observations. It's interesting that some cruise lines have neglected to upgrade their beds, while others recognize that this is am important component of a relaxing vacation (and repeat business). The HollandAmerica new bedding is so popular that they are selling the beds through one of their web sites.

Thank you for your interest in our reports. It is still on this very Oceania column, the last but one page (page 22 on the topics list), under the topic "Barcelona to Venice April 10-24, Parts I, II, III and IV" by meow! Exact measurements of the basic balconied cabin is in Part I. Hope that you will enjoy the long reading, and it will be a good "pass time" for you .. meow!

Archived