Carnival Cruise - Alcohol & Excursions

Hello,

I am going on my first cruise and my boyfriend and I are concerned on the alcohol policies. Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. The CHEERS program can we only do it for the days we are on the ship rather than the whole week (7 day cruise - 3 days at port)?

2. Can we bring our own corkscrew for the wine that we are allowed to bring on board? Or do we have to get it opened in the restaurant?

3. Any tips on saving money on drinks?

We are traveling to Mexico. Any tips on what excursions to hit up?

Please let me know.

If one of your Mexican port will be Cozumel, I can recommend Passion Isle by Twister Boat. This was the best excursion that we have ever done to date.... It was totally awesome..... The Twister Boat ride was great, the island was breathtakingly beautiful and the all-inclusive buffet and open bar was very good. They limit the number of people on this excursion so it was not over crowded. They offered beach-side massages, water toys, hammocks to just kick-back, a few vendors selling their wares and clean restrooms.... which is always nice to have.

For the faint at heart, one can also get to the island by way of a larger-slower type boat. They called it a Catamaran but to me it really resembled a double-decker ferry boat.

We had an awesome time and would do this excursion again in a heartbeat.

The Twister boats were a little late getting back to port due to rough water but the ship waited for us as we were booked through Carnival.... so just a heads-up on that. I actually think that the Passion Isle excursion can only be booked through the ship.... I swear that I read this somewhere.

If you go to you-tube you can see some videos of the Twister boat ride and the beautiful island.

***** We brought a cheapie corkscrew in our carry-ons. It was not problem at all. Some other cruisers have mentioned that you can get one by way of your cabin steward but it may take time..... it's just so easy to bring your own on with you. If you are flying in/out just remember to put it in your checked luggage for the airlines.

Enjoy your cruise !

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

You can get a corkscrew from your cabin steward.

Cheers is only on the ship. You pay for anything you buy in ports.

Check out the ports of call board for tour ideals.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Depends on what you like to do. Cabo is a easy port to just walk and check out the downtown area, lots of bars, restaurants, beaches are close buy, cheap massages and great people watching.

Edited by welldone60

Cheers program is for the whole week only. You have to pay for all the days regardless of where the ship is.

You can either bring your own corkscrew (in your checked bag if you're flying) or you can ask your room steward for one to borrow.

As far as excursions, in PVR, I would not hesitate to recommend the "Rhythms of the Night" excursion. Candle lit dinner at what used to be the private estate of John Houston (movie director). Take time to wander around and look at the buildings that available to look at, including the bathrooms! Then make your way to the amphitheater for a beautiful show of dance, fire, music....just wonderful. (Drinks on the boat on the way there, and at dinner, included)