Anyone on Crown... Help With Tour Info Please?

Av8tor

I'd really appreciate it if somebody on the Crown in the next few weeks could do me a favor!

Please stop by the excursions desk and see if you can find out the name of the tour operator they plan on using for Crown Princess scuba diving excursions in Cabo San Lucas this year beginning in late September (2015). I tried calling Princess and they said they can't release that info, except when on the boat. I'm not even sure if the staff on the boat would have this info yet, but it's worth a try, especially if you can ask the tour department manager.

If anyone gets this info, I'd really appreciate it if they posted it back on this thread.

Thank-you

Av8tor:

They will probably not give out that info even if they know. I have made similar inquiries on Princess as well as many other cruise lines and the usual reply is that they "use reputable and certified dive operators". You don't find out until you meet them at the dock. I try never to use the ship's dive excursions. However, I admit that booking dives independently is a major hassle (but worth the hassle).

Is there specific information you need to know in advance? I have dived Cabo many times while cruising. If there is some info you need, other than the name of the dive shop in order to research their safety record, just let me know.

Edited by scuba diver

Have you tried Googling by the name of the excursion? I've often found the operator by looking for the name. That may give you the ability to ask the questions needed.

Already tried that - no luck...

Av8tor:

They will probably not give out that info even if they know. I have made similar inquiries on Princess as well as many other cruise lines and the usual reply is that they "use reputable and certified dive operators". You don't find out until you meet them at the dock. I try never to use the ship's dive excursions. However, I admit that booking dives independently is a major hassle (but worth the hassle).

Is there specific information you need to know in advance? I have dived Cabo many times while cruising. If there is some info you need, other than the name of the dive shop in order to research their safety record, just let me know.

Yea, I usually arrange my own dives, but as an oddity, this 2-tank Princess excursion for Cabo is actually similar in cost or cheaper than other dive operators I have found on-line. That's what worries me. If it's "low" cost, is the operator planning on big numbers of divers (even from other cruise ships) to give it high volume of users and therefore a better profit? I don't like cattle car boats and dives arranged for the "lowest common denominator" of divers' experience levels. If the operator turns out to be reputable with a good load density and DM to guest ratio, it'd make things much simpler to just go with the ship's excursion.

I've heard bad things about Cabo Adventures and I know Princess uses their sister company Vallarta Adventures in PV so I am worried that's who they might use in Cabo...

Who do you dive with in Cabo?

Thanks,