Anyone remember Kev Orkian?

Just seen the new Robert Dyas advert on TV and was so surprised to see Kev Orkian! Does anyone else remember him on Thomson cruises? Simply the BEST entertainer/act we've ever seen on Thomson or anywhere else. Absolutely hilarious - never seen so many people crying with laughter! Mind the premise of the act doesn't work so well second time round but what a scream - and he's a very talented musician too.

We'll have to watch out for that ad! We have seen him but on P and O (Oriana i think) a few years ago....very very funny...as you say one of the best! :)

Every cruise I go on I hope he might pop up - don't know whether he still does cruise ships - but interesting he has been on other lines too. I'd love to see him again. :)

I just googled him Kruzseeka and there is quite a bit of info about him......he appears to have been kept busy according to wikipedia....I didn't know he had been on Britain's Got Talent.....he seems to have plenty of work all over the world......

I watched a youtube clip, of the same routine we saw, and it still made me laugh!!! :)

It's good to know he is keeping busy and still performing. Must look him up and would definitely go to see him if he was performing close by.

Yes, we did see him on BGT - he did very well in the first round although a couple of minute slot really didn't do him justice as his act was based on a story which unfolded and became funnier as it went on - as I'm sure you remember. It was also very apt for a cruise ship. The second round of the competition didn't go so well as you already knew the punch line so to speak. I think Simon Cowell made a comment that he was a bit disappointed Kev hadn't got something completely different for the second show and he didn't go through. I was so disappointed for him as he was the funniest comedian I'd ever seen - but I don't think the BGT format suited his act.

Funnily enough we chatted to him at one of the ports in the Caribbean - just stopped to say how much we'd enjoyed his act - and our friend actually asked him if he would ever do a TV talent show (everybody on board thought he'd walk away a winner if he did) as I think BGT had just started then. He said 'no' at the time but clearly changed his mind.

I spotted a different shorter version of the advert last night and called DH who had difficulty recognising Kev mainly because he was on for so short a time (the advert featuring the bistro table and chairs). That was prime time evening so I guess that was a cheaper ad to run. The one I saw yesterday morning was a really long one - he was singing 'I am Robert Dyas' in front of the shop and he was very prominent and on screen for quite a while. You couldn't miss him on that one. Hope you spot the ad.

And speaking of ads Keef Maynard now on a TV holiday show also does an advert for Diet Chef. I looked him up and he seems to be very busy doing a host of things. I'm pleased he is. He along with a few other excellent CDs, have clearly moved on -but it's sad for us when much loved and warm, talented, very effective CDs are no longer around. It's understandable though - as glamorous as it may appear travelling around the world, I'm sure it has its down side, is hard work and not conducive to family life.

Still good luck to them all.

Edited by kruzseeka

• 2 weeks later...

Kev has, indeed, been very busy since BGT.

I'm a friend of his.

As well as going to to gig in many areas of the work including Las Vagas, the UAE and all manner of other places, Kev now has twin twin boys. He has also stared in Panto and last year starred in 'Infidel the musical' which was written by David Baddiel.

Kev has, indeed, been very busy since BGT.

I'm a friend of his.

As well as going to to gig in many areas of the work including Las Vagas, the UAE and all manner of other places, Kev now has twin twin boys. He has also stared in Panto and last year starred in 'Infidel the musical' which was written by David Baddiel.

Hi Pleased to hear all is going well for him. As I said the funniest act I've ever seen and so talented! I live in hope we'll see him on board someday. Does he ever do cruises now? I send my best wishes for his continued success.

Never seen Kev Orkian on a cruise ship, but saw him about 10 years ago as a warm up for Jim Davidson!

He was hilarious, but I suppose the ships don't pay 'enough' these days! The standard of some of the comedians onboard Thomson these days is awful, and they seem to be rotating the same ones!

It would be nice, especially for the repeat cruises, if they had a bigger pool of comics to pick from!