Pleasantly confused....

jeffregpuck

We are currently on Pearl on our Alaskan cruise, booked in a regular balcony cabin.

For some reason, we are receiving *some* suite perks.

I don't know why?????

Here's what we are getting:

Concierge service, daily snacks in our stateroom, breakfast and lunch in Cagney's.

If there is more I don't know about it yet. We haven't really used the services much :( because we are traveling with another couple who is not receiving the same benefits, but we are just confused as to why WE are receiving them. Not complaining.....but wondering why....and what do we need to do to get them again next time...LOL.

We are Gold Latitudes, but these are not Gold Perks that I know of.....these are suite perks. Any ideas????

We are currently on Pearl on our Alaskan cruise, booked in a regular balcony cabin.

For some reason, we are receiving *some* suite perks.

I don't know why?????

Here's what we are getting:

Concierge service, daily snacks in our stateroom, breakfast and lunch in Cagney's.

If there is more I don't know about it yet. We haven't really used the services much :( because we are traveling with another couple who is not receiving the same benefits, but we are just confused as to why WE are receiving them. Not complaining.....but wondering why....and what do we need to do to get them again next time...LOL.

We are Gold Latitudes, but these are not Gold Perks that I know of.....these are suite perks. Any ideas????

Sounds like you have been designated VIP for some reason. No one knows why. You are not a TA are you?;). How were you notified of the perks?

Maybe it's just their way of making you think you can't live without these suite perks so you'll go with a suite next time.

I just checked the posts and see you are the coordinator for the M&G, that is why you're getting the perks.

It's possible, but not a given.

VIP status is being less and less given.

To the OP: just enjoy and be grateful.

The Group Events coordinator last week was quite open about the fact that I had received VIP perks because I had set up the M&G--so that probably is the reason. (Make sure to thank them so they continue doing it! And enjoy it while it lasts...)

Yep, enjoy it. Organized M&G for over 180 (150 showed) but no VIP. Not complaining; didn't expect it; just iterating the point which is often made.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You go on your roll call and offer, if nobody else already has.

Keep in mind that this is likely to be ship-dependent (Pearl in particular seems to really seek out guest feedback), and NOT an "entitlement". I would have set up the M&G anyway, just to make sure it happened--that there happened to be perks associated with it was a nice, but not necessary, bonus. (And nothing will screw it up like people starting to fight about it!)

We've noticed that it is not happening as much in the past few years. In the beginning it was almost automatic. Now it seems to be about 1 out of 3 or 4 cruises. Depends on the ship and most importantly, the Hotel Director. On our meet and greets I usually suggest the coordinator be someone that is not in a suite. Last year our coordinator upset the ships officers and especially the Captain and received nothing. Demanding and rude is not the way to go!!:D