Snorkel with Sea Lions in Puerta Vallarta..anyone done this?

RFLOUNDER

We're sailing Mexican Riviera on Dawn Princess Oct. 1 out of San Francisco and have pre-reserved this shore excursion which goes to Las Caletas in Puerta Vallarta. Has anyone done this? Did you like it? I'm taking my 12-year old grandson..can you tell us what to expect:confused: ? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

When I was certified as a scuba diver 32 yrs ago the instructor told us that we should never dive with three things...orcas (killer whales), sharks (unless in a cage) and sea lions.

For 32 yrs I've stuck with that while diving and I'm still here. There must have been a reason for that instruction and I can't see why it would be any different snorkelling.

Ciao for now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been diving since 88 and I have never purposefully dove to see sea lions. I have been fortunate enough to come across a few though. All I can say is, they play rough!! They will come straight at you like a torpedo and you can only pray that they make a sharp turn. I have never provoked them mainly because I enjoy life and if there are pups around don't even get in the water! Hang out with the harbor seals. They are alot of fun! They play follow the leader and will come right up to your mask and blow air bubbles at you! and they also seem to be fascinated with silicone fins! With the lions (I imagine they are named this for a reason) hang on to your reg. and mask 'cause they ain't comin to blow bubbles!

Happy diving!

Archived