plantation tour new orleans precruise

klhage89

We will be cruising with Carnival Nov 1st, however, we will have 2 days precruise time in New Orleans and would like to see a plantation. Since this will be over Halloween and I think it will be busy, we would look to book the tour ahead. Does anyone have a name of a good tour company that we can contact. Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Grey Line is pretty popular and the default tour company.

To really get a feel for the different styles of plantations, I recommend touring two different plantations. Oak Alley is the one everyone goes to see, but it's just one view into the running of a plantation. Plantation Laura is a Creole style plantation, feels more like what the real plantations of the time would have been like and I think they actually give you more history than Oak Alley.

• 2 weeks later...

Cajun Encounters has a website, and has an office on Decatur Street close to the French Market. You can get a all day swamp and plantation tour. It will truly be all day, 8/9am to 6/7pm at night...

You can book online or over the phone as well as go into the office. If you want to do the swamp tour, do the SMALL BOAT tour, it is small enough to go into the channels where the big boats can't go and the small boats seat five people each side, but big boats have five people per row of seats, so sucks to be in the three middle seats!