Spirit review med cruise barcelona- venice july 6

b_cruise

Sailed july 6-20 barcelona to venice. Room 5016 OX CAT

Arrived at the port at 11 and boarded by 1115. We ate at the buffet. The room was ready by 1 pm.

Overall experience was terrific. I met a lot of great people thanks to the roll call. We shared tours in each port which were fantastic.

I highly recommend italytoursharing.com for the italy ports.

I liked Doria tours in dubrovnik.

Mykonos horseland was a great addition in Mykonos.

I never thought I would ever complain about food but there was absolutely no variety. I guess that is why people get the pay restaurants. I think NCL needs to address this because in my opinion carnival and RCL far exceed the food quality and variety.

I have read complaints about the service in the restaurants but we had excellent service in Windows and the Garden ( it's just too bad the menu was basically the same for 14 days).

I thought the shows were very good. Great variety and entertaining. With a port extensive cruise, it was hard to attend all of them as we were tired.

People often ask about the VAT tax, and my understanding was as soon as you land at a non EU port it is taken off but that did not happen on my bill. Any drinks I purchased even though I had the UBP, I ended up with a 90-1.89 cent charge per drink at end of cruise. It was no big deal but there are a lot of confusing reports about not being charged and being charged. I believe I probably should not have been charged but was. People are reporting staff confusion on this issue.

The gym offered TRX, boxing, yoga, stretch, abs, spin. A great variety but the schedule was awkward as a lot were offered while we were in port. I wished they would offer more morning variety sea day classes. Or when we do not arrive until 1 pm, have a spin at 10 or something! The fellow who did spin was good. I enjoyed the classes.

Our room was adequate. I was worried because people kept saying how small they were. I did not find that. The choice of room location was quiet. A bit far from deck12 where the buffet is but I took the 100 stairs everyday so it was good fitness. The elevators can be a bit slow at times. There is a bit of movement with this location plus you can hear the waves hitting the ship while trying to sleep. My daughter did not appreciate this therefore I would book deck 7 or higher next time. She gets a bit of motion sickness. Thank you to my neighbours as it was very quiet!!

The Internet is very slow. We purchases $75 for 100 minutes. It usually takes 3-4 minutes to get into your email the fellow at the Internet station was so helpful! On other ships it was a fight to get internet time back but he would adjust accordingly. THANK YOU. ....... It makes it a far nicer vacation when u go to a service representative and tell them you were not able to login and they credit the time back. A step above carnival here.

I had a great time on this cruise with so much of it because of the people I met from my roll call. Make sure u get on your roll call!!

So good to hear all your positives, sounds like you went on a holiday and enjoyed it! Thanks for the review.

I am booked in cabin 5086 and was concerned about the movement on my October cruise as well as sea wash noise I will definitely upgrade now as I am a light sleeper.

Did you use internet at port stops at all.

[emoji568]86

So good to hear all your positives, sounds like you went on a holiday and enjoyed it! Thanks for the review.

I am booked in cabin 5086 and was concerned about the movement on my October cruise as well as sea wash noise I will definitely upgrade now as I am a light sleeper.

Did you use internet at port stops at all.

[emoji568]86

Yes, I would move up a bit if u get any sea sickness. I was fine but my daughter wasn't. In fact she had to sleep with headphones as the sea hitting the sides freaked her out, lol.. If ur on an inside, it would be fine.

Internet worked good in ports.

Sailed july 6-20 barcelona to venice. Room 5016 OX CAT

Arrived at the port at 11 and boarded by 1115. We ate at the buffet. The room was ready by 1 pm.

Overall experience was terrific. I met a lot of great people thanks to the roll call. We shared tours in each port which were fantastic.

I highly recommend italytoursharing.com for the italy ports.

I liked Doria tours in dubrovnik.

Mykonos horseland was a great addition in Mykonos.

I never thought I would ever complain about food but there was absolutely no variety. I guess that is why people get the pay restaurants. I think NCL needs to address this because in my opinion carnival and RCL far exceed the food quality and variety.

I have read complaints about the service in the restaurants but we had excellent service in Windows and the Garden ( it's just too bad the menu was basically the same for 14 days).

I thought the shows were very good. Great variety and entertaining. With a port extensive cruise, it was hard to attend all of them as we were tired.

People often ask about the VAT tax, and my understanding was as soon as you land at a non EU port it is taken off but that did not happen on my bill. Any drinks I purchased even though I had the UBP, I ended up with a 90-1.89 cent charge per drink at end of cruise. It was no big deal but there are a lot of confusing reports about not being charged and being charged. I believe I probably should not have been charged but was. People are reporting staff confusion on this issue.

The gym offered TRX, boxing, yoga, stretch, abs, spin. A great variety but the schedule was awkward as a lot were offered while we were in port. I wished they would offer more morning variety sea day classes. Or when we do not arrive until 1 pm, have a spin at 10 or something! The fellow who did spin was good. I enjoyed the classes.

Our room was adequate. I was worried because people kept saying how small they were. I did not find that. The choice of room location was quiet. A bit far from deck12 where the buffet is but I took the 100 stairs everyday so it was good fitness. The elevators can be a bit slow at times. There is a bit of movement with this location plus you can hear the waves hitting the ship while trying to sleep. My daughter did not appreciate this therefore I would book deck 7 or higher next time. She gets a bit of motion sickness. Thank you to my neighbours as it was very quiet!!

The Internet is very slow. We purchases $75 for 100 minutes. It usually takes 3-4 minutes to get into your email the fellow at the Internet station was so helpful! On other ships it was a fight to get internet time back but he would adjust accordingly. THANK YOU. ....... It makes it a far nicer vacation when u go to a service representative and tell them you were not able to login and they credit the time back. A step above carnival here.

I had a great time on this cruise with so much of it because of the people I met from my roll call. Make sure u get on your roll call!!

How was the food in the Blue Lagoon? Was there BBQ's on the deck which were themed? Was there an English pub or food/snacks at the German bar? Thanks so much!:):)

Edited by Cruisermom2nick

How was the food in the Blue Lagoon? Was there BBQ's on the deck which were themed? Was there an English pub or food/snacks at the German bar? Thanks so much!:):)

The blue lagoon had food going out like crazy. We did have chicken fingers and fries which were good. The drinks were better up on the pool deck though. Once I just wanted fries and they wouldn't let me. I thought the service was good but below any other ship I've been on. But that being said, if I never cruised before I would not complain.

That is the only food I had from pubs.

The deck bbq on sea days was fabulous...absolutely great!!i didn't notice a theme but they would have full buffet with a ton of veggies, chicken steak pork, rice seafood stir fry ..absolutely a great spread.

The blue lagoon had food going out like crazy. We did have chicken fingers and fries which were good. The drinks were better up on the pool deck though. Once I just wanted fries and they wouldn't let me. I thought the service was good but below any other ship I've been on. But that being said, if I never cruised before I would not complain.

That is the only food I had from pubs.

The deck bbq on sea days was fabulous...absolutely great!!i didn't notice a theme but they would have full buffet with a ton of veggies, chicken steak pork, rice seafood stir fry ..absolutely a great spread.

Thanks so much for your input~ I appreciate it! Did you happen to use the sauna/steamroom? Was it complimentary?

• 2 months later...
Sailed july 6-20 barcelona to venice. Room 5016 OX CAT!

Hey Brenda,

Great review! I actually don't remember you being quite so succinct in person :p

I agree about the Roll Call. great bunch of people we hope to catch with again one day.

Cheers

Steve O

• 1 month later...