Am I overpaying?

Freedom2014

I have 2 staterooms one is a interior for 2 for 897 total including taxes. I also have a balcony for 1457 including tax for 2...on the sunshine middle of next month...its a 5 day carnival live cruise to bahamas..I like the itinerary and am excited to try out the sunshine...just looking for some thoughts on my price point here. lol

Look at it this way

The IS is $90/pp/pd and the BAL is $146/pp/pd.

Mid August is still high season.

Only you can decide if it's too much.

I didn't really think of it that way...Lol Not too bad when I look at it that way.

According to the discount cruise sites, that's pretty much the price for that cruise...you wouldn't be able to find it for less, if that's what you're concerned about.

What discount sites? I always book straight thru carnival...I figure thats easiest.

What discount sites? I always book straight thru carnival...I figure thats easiest.

We can't list them here...just google "discount cruises" and look at the first 2-3 links on the page.

I also wonder if there's a price premium because it's part of "live concert series" cruises.

Edited by Illyria

We can't list them here...just google "discount cruises" and look at the first 2-3 links on the page.

I also wonder if there's a price premium because it's part of "live concert series" cruises.

Possibly I like the itinerary because because it gives us from 8 am to 12 am in nassau! which is different from any cruise I have been on.

For me the prices are too expensive for a 5 day cruise. I try to stay in the $45 to $60 per day range with Carnival depending ship/itinerary....

45 to 60 is okay for the smaller older ships. it is also okay if you cruise in the off season. I never cruise in the off season..mostly schedule issues.

Considering it's high season and you just stated it's part of a Carnival Live concert series. I would say both of those are contributing to a higher price. Personally, when I saw those prices I thought they were high, but then I normally cruise in January, not August. So all things considered I think that's likely the going rate.

I have 2 staterooms one is a interior for 2 for 897 total including taxes. I also have a balcony for 1457 including tax for 2...on the sunshine middle of next month...its a 5 day carnival live cruise to bahamas..I like the itinerary and am excited to try out the sunshine...just looking for some thoughts on my price point here. lol

Not sure but my DH and I are going on an 8 day, inside on the Lido on the Sunshine n 21 days and it was $1517...looks to be about the same if you break it down, I'm thinking...

Not sure but my DH and I are going on an 8 day, inside on the Lido on the Sunshine n 21 days and it was $1517...looks to be about the same if you break it down, I'm thinking...

Yeah summer prices can get crazy...but 1517 isn't too bad for a 8 day for 2

Yeah summer prices can get crazy...but 1517 isn't too bad for a 8 day for 2

Didn't think so, hoping to get a call from the up sale fairy...about 20 spa balconies and about the same for suites. Would pay, $300/$450 ...for each up sale for 2 pp

Didn't think so, hoping to get a call from the up sale fairy...about 20 spa balconies and about the same for suites. Would pay, $300/$450 ...for each up sale for 2 pp

I don't think you will only pay 300/400 for a interior to spa balcony...the spa balcony is a 250 dollar difference for me from my balcony...I wish you luck tho..nothing is impossible hehe

I don't think you will only pay 300/400 for a interior to spa balcony...the spa balcony is a 250 dollar difference for me from my balcony...I wish you luck tho..nothing is impossible hehe

I can only wish....we got an Upsale from a inside to a spa balcony for $300 last August. Hope it happens again..[emoji106]🏻