Making dinner reservations for Escape

I believe we will be able to make dinner reservations within 90 days of our sailing date. We are sailing with friends with a different reservation number, although our cabins are next to each other and we made the booking together. How do we make dinner reservations for the 4 of us to dine together?

Obviously show times etc aren't out yet, we want to see shows as well, do they normally have 2 times for shows in the evenings?

The dinner reservation is made for up to 8 people. There aren't names associated with it, other than the person booking. It will say "Joe Blow, Party of 6" or whatever. It doesn't know or care who those people are. They can be people you haven't even met.

Regarding shows... Bookings opened for me to book my Escape stuff today, but no shows are available to book. If you use Getaway as an example, the shows were 2 times per night, either 2, 3, or 4 times per cruise, depending on which show. Since 2 of the shows on Escape share the same theater, they obviously won't be every night.

Edited by LrgPizza

I tried this morning and the system won't change the number of guests from 1. Hope it's just a glitch that will be fixed soon.

I was messing around with it, and saw that. What I noticed was that it had 7:30 pm listed 5 times. If I selected the first one, it put party of 5 in my cart. If I selected the 3rd 7:30 time, it put party of 4 in my cart, etc. This was all while it still showed party of 1 on the front page. It is clearly messed up, but if you fiddle with it, you might still be able to get what you want.

Nope, didn't work, at least not for the 5 or six days and restaurants I tried. I think they're working on the issue because things keep changing. I'll give it some time and try again later.

I fiddled like that and now I have booked Cagney's for party of 2, and Teppanyaki for party of 4 (even though I only need 2- Ha!).

• 3 weeks later...
The dinner reservation is made for up to 8 people. There aren't names associated with it, other than the person booking. It will say "Joe Blow, Party of 6" or whatever. It doesn't know or care who those people are. They can be people you haven't even met.

Regarding shows... Bookings opened for me to book my Escape stuff today, but no shows are available to book. If you use Getaway as an example, the shows were 2 times per night, either 2, 3, or 4 times per cruise, depending on which show. Since 2 of the shows on Escape share the same theater, they obviously won't be every night.

Hi! For the folks able to begin making dinner/show reservations on the escape, is there anything special you needed to do for your early access? Thanks! Jen

Hi! For the folks able to begin making dinner/show reservations on the escape, is there anything special you needed to do for your early access? Thanks! Jen

Just have a cruise booked. Reservations open 90 days before sail date or 100 days for suite/Haven guests.

Just have a cruise booked. Reservations open 90 days before sail date or 100 days for suite/Haven guests.

I'm 88 days out, and I can make dinner reservations, but there is no entertainment showing as yet.

I'm 88 days out, and I can make dinner reservations, but there is no entertainment showing as yet.

I think it showed for my Escape cruise about 82 days out or so. It's a brand new ship so things are still being scheduled and organized. Multiple acts share the same venue. I don't expect that these details are going to be set in stone for a ship not yet built, so I wouldn't worry too much about it being late. That's just me though.

I went ahead and booked my entertainment at 88 days by emailing my PCC who booked for me.