Glory Question about Kids Club...

sailin~away

We are cruising the Glory on 10/08. We have only cruised Carnival one time before and this is the first time with our boys. My sons are 5 1/2 and 7 1/2. We usually cruise Disney and they always let me put my youngest with my oldest in his age group because they are best friends and my 5 1/2 year old does really well with older age group. Will Carnival let me do the same thing? The age brackets for Carnival are 2-5 and 6-8. He will be bored out of his mind if he has to stay in the little kiddie group and probably will not want to go. I really hope they will let me bump him up to the 6 yr old group. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much!

From what I understand, they will let them go "down" in groups but not up... makes sense... the things that the 8 year olds do might not be good for a 5 year old... etc. News on these boards is they are very strict and don't allow "bumping UP" to another age group.

You will not know until you are on board and ask the counselors.......in my experiences, they have been very strict. Don't assume that your younger child will be bored. In any age group there are kids who are almost old enough for the next age group.........they tend to hang out together. He will most certainly meet some kids his own age and have a great time! The counselors are wonderful and make sure the activities appeal to everyone. On our first cruise my kids were 11 and 13; they were not allowed to be in the same group and it worked out just fine! They both met friends their own ages and had a blast. And, my older son didn't have to worry about his younger brother--it gave them both a chance to do their own thing. Of course, it's a family vacation and there was more than enough time for that, with meal time, deck parties, shows and shore excursions.

My advice would be to tell your kids what the situation might be (that they could be in different groups) so they won't be caught off guard. Don't emphasize the span of the younger age group, just have a positive attitude about it (even if you are worrying inside) and really play up how much fun they are going to have. It's like school---they will be in different "classes" and meet their own friends and have tons of fun!

Archived