Just Off Fascination w/ Carnival LIVE

Well, after many months of planning our long awaited first cruise ever has come and gone! My BF and I had the best time and are already hoping to book another cruise in April!!

Here are just some of our thoughts:

Embarkation: We did end up buying FTTF which worked out great for us! We couldn't believe how quickly we made it onto the ship. We also loved the priority line for guest services. We would purchase it again in a heartbeat!

Room: We were fortunate enough to be presented with a wonderful opportunity to upgrade to a balcony at a reasonable rate. We were thrilled with that decision. We spent a lot of time on the balcony so we felt like it was a great purchase as well. The room was clean and our steward did an amazing job.

Dining: We did YTD, which again was a great plan for us. We ate at many different times throughout the cruise. We liked having the freedom to choose. All of the waiters were great and we thoroughly enjoyed the food! The only time there was a slight snag was on elegant night where the dining room seemed to get super backed up for some reason. We waited 35 minutes for a table. But it was no big deal once we got our lobster!

Cheers: We were fully prepared to buy the Cheers program once onboard but for some reason we opted not to. I guess we just weren't sure if we would get the most for our money. It ended up being a great decision because we did not drink as much as we thought we would. The drinks were great though!! I loved all the daiquiri flavors and other frozen concoctions!

Carnival LIVE: This was by far one of the highest points of our cruise. The Band Perry came on board while we were in Nassau and they were PHENOMENAL!! I knew a handful of songs. BF didn't know any and even he was having the best time. It felt like a private concert experience. It was very unique and I don't know if we would experience anything like that again. If you are on a ship with Carnival Live, you should go even if you don't like/know the band! It will most likely be an amazing and intimate show. Every person on the ship was talking about it for the rest of the sailing!

To sum it up, we had an amazing time and I felt like it was a great introductory cruise. We are hoping to go on a longer one in April and I'm sure I will be asking for advice on which one to book in no time!

Did you have regular tickets or VIP tickets? I am booked on a Live cruise and am trying to decide if the VIP tickets are worth the extra cost.

We had regular tickets. I think if I was a huge fan of the band then I'd splurge but because the venues are so much smaller than a typical concert venue you're getting bang for your buck no matter where you sit! We did have to stand in line for about 40 minutes before the doors opened. So the VIP tickets would come in handy for that as well.

Your trip report was great. If you read some of the recent reviews you would think this is the cruise ship from hell. I don't take those reviews personally because you can have several thousand people on the same ship and everyone will have a different opinion. I will be going on the Fascination in October, but not on the concert series but I'm glad you had a great time. Also you wrote the ship was great.

Thank you for posting this review, we sail on the 12th of September. Our first Carnival cruise and even though this is pretty much a free trip for us some of the reviews have been... well not so favorable.

The live cruise would be fantastic. What an opportunity.

Thanks again.

Your trip report was great. If you read some of the recent reviews you would think this is the cruise ship from hell. I don't take those reviews personally because you can have several thousand people on the same ship and everyone will have a different opinion. I will be going on the Fascination in October, but not on the concert series but I'm glad you had a great time. Also you wrote the ship was great.

welcome friend,

My family and I are also going on this cruise ship in October out of Jacksonville Fla. Hope to meet you on there if that is the one you will be on. This will be our first cruise so we are hoping to have a great time. Can't wait. Oct 15 2015 sail date

Don't you worry about all those bad reviews. We booked our 8th cruise on the Fascination (NYE). Granted it is a smaller, fantasy class ship without all the bells and whistles of the much larger ships, but we LOVE the Fascination and are sad that she is being moved to PR. You will have a GREAT time!:)

baf

I am so glad you had a great time. What a perfect first cruise. I think a great Fantasy class cruise...especially with this Live program is a perfect first cruise. You are not enamored then with all the bells and whistles..if this happens to you...you get some assured better music..you are on a smaller ship where service can just be better on a budget cruise line because less people ans at a reasonable price.....a little more for the Live thing but still a fantastic well priced cruise vacation...thanks for the report...

I have missed cruising last few year due to music concerts winning and hoping this year I do both..LOL..but the big music thing is happening again first...this is just great news..I must plan!!! I bet the group is great on the music ones too....multi interests.....Sarah

PS..My first cruise in a long time was Carnival Paradise..just loved it....

Edited by sjn911