Connecting cabin and June 3 tours

b_cruise

Not sure why a connecting cabin would be any noisier than any other cabin. The only difference is the connecting doors of which there are 2, one on either side. We have had them in the past and not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

The cabin I booked for my May 2016 cruise is connecting, although we are not using it as such, and I really never thought twice about it.

Thanks, Ill take your word for it. I just came back from a hotel and it had a connecting room and you can hear everything. This is why I am perplexed about my cabin (although not many choices left unfortunately for party of 3).

I also posted on the main board, and wow, the opinions are so varied. Some say they hear everything and some say nothing. It must totally depend on neighbors so my fingers are crossed, lol:confused:

Thanks, Ill take your word for it. I just came back from a hotel and it had a connecting room and you can hear everything. This is why I am perplexed about my cabin (although not many choices left unfortunately for party of 3).

I also posted on the main board, and wow, the opinions are so varied. Some say they hear everything and some say nothing. It must totally depend on neighbors so my fingers are crossed, lol:confused:

Like anything else, it's probably a crap shoot. We have had noisy neighbors with no connecting room that have kept us up, and we have connecting rooms and not had a problem. Probably luck of the draw.

I figure the walls are all the same thickness and there are 2 doors connecting the rooms creating an additional sound barrier so it is probably going to be six of one, half dozen of the other.

I am usually more concerned with what is above and below me. Since my next cruise (with the connecting room) is the port intensive Med, I am hoping my neighbors are so tired after their many days in port they will crash early! :p

HAHAHHAHA... Thats exactly what im hoping for too!!! SHHH neighbors-lol

I was in a good inside room deck 7, with cabins above and below. Then my daughters friend is joining so I had to move last week. We went through 5 different cabins. Started on deck 7 but connecting rooms, deck 8 by stairs, another one was under the imax, etc. Finally decided on Lido deck, front. I thought okay the front will be far enough away from the stairs/elevator pool, it should be okay. To my dismay, I double checked the booking and she put us right by the elevators close to the pool. I figure the carnival rep just wanted to get me off the phone cause i couldnt pick a room. Thus another call that took 1/2 hour. They put me back on 7 which was something they dont normally do because it was a downgrade but I assured them, the booking was not the room I was told. So now im back in the connecting room because the options are so limited. Problems problems, hahahhahahaha... We are all so blessed to have these kind of issues hey? :):):)

I was in a good inside room deck 7, with cabins above and below. Then my daughters friend is joining so I had to move last week. We went through 5 different cabins. Started on deck 7 but connecting rooms, deck 8 by stairs, another one was under the imax, etc. Finally decided on Lido deck, front. I thought okay the front will be far enough away from the stairs/elevator pool, it should be okay. To my dismay, I double checked the booking and she put us right by the elevators close to the pool. I figure the carnival rep just wanted to get me off the phone cause i couldnt pick a room. Thus another call that took 1/2 hour. They put me back on 7 which was something they dont normally do because it was a downgrade but I assured them, the booking was not the room I was told. So now im back in the connecting room because the options are so limited. Problems problems, hahahhahahaha... We are all so blessed to have these kind of issues hey? :):):)

Definitely first world problem - hahahahahaha! Actually the Lido was probably a good choice. There are very few rooms there so folks are not as likely to use those elevators, especially since there are elevators in the public area. I actually booked 10252 myself. My friends stayed on Lido on the Glory and there was almost never anyone in the halls in the cabin area.

Just to throw this out there....I LOVE being by the elevators. I've never had issue with elevator noise and it's so convenient to get anywhere (elevators or staircase). I have had issues with noise in adjoining cabins, but again, as said previously, it's depended on the neighbors AND different ships. Some cabin walls were like paper and we could hear the quietest people next door. Other times we didn't hear a sound all week.

OHHHHH.. now you guys tell me, hahaha.

So compare 7237 to 10271 if you have time and give me pros and cons? THANK YOU....

So, 7237 - I would wonder what that grey space is above me on Deck 8, but you do have cabins below and a suite across.

10271 - cabins above but grey space below AND it almost looks like you would be sharing a wall with the elevators which I would not want to do.

What sailing are you on?

2205, 2206 are available for 3 if you don't mind forward on a lower deck, although you will feel more motion there and may hear noises when docking. There are some REALLY nice family ocean view obstructed rooms aft on deck 2 available as well, although the Horizons Restaurant is above - that is probably shut down fairly early at night but not sure when they start prepping for breakfast.

Tough call for you with the 3 people which is limiting your availability.

Edited by BaseballMomof4

Yah, hey.... both cabins are not great. There is a spa cabin open 11232, but it is a bit more $$ so ???

Im on June 3

The good thing I would think (unless im wrong), I was thinking of price drops and deck 7 is a good one for that but with 3 people I may be out of luck. Maybe i can upgrade to a balcony closer to sail date by calling the upsell fairy :confused:

Yah, hey.... both cabins are not great. There is a spa cabin open 11232, but it is a bit more $$ so ???

Im on June 3

The good thing I would think (unless im wrong), I was thinking of price drops and deck 7 is a good one for that but with 3 people I may be out of luck. Maybe i can upgrade to a balcony closer to sail date by calling the upsell fairy :confused:

So 11232 is right under the ladies locker room for the fitness center. That may not be bad at all.

For $143 more pp you can get an ocean view on deck 2 (there are several available) with cabins above and below, or there is one on deck 3 available. You could always book those and cross your fingers for a price drop.

I am so fussy about my sleep that I book early and I book a specific cabin to be sure I have cabins above and below, but that's me. And I booked a balcony so I could sit there as we pull into the ports. I just pay monthly until it is paid off and take the hit with the thought that I may never do this again, so I am going to "go big or go home" :rolleyes:

There is no perfect answer on the cabins. Grey space might be just that - air - or it might be a crew prep area. Neighbors might be great - or they might be partying night owls. The elevators may not really "share" a wall. It is always a crap shoot and we all just hope for the best!

The problem with a spa cabin and 3 people, is only the first two get the extras. The third would have to buy a pass. If you didn't want to enjoy the extras, I wouldn't want to pay extra for the cabin.

I have 10265 booked. I have had that area on other ships lido deck and loved it. So convenient and not noisy at all IMO. The noisiest thing was the laundry room we had across from us on valor, with a dryer that had a

squeaky belt. OMG that was annoying. I kept going to close the door on the laundry room and someone kept propping it open. Who does their laundry at 3am? Gah.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app