walking

anneep

We are currently booked on the 7 day western med from Barcelona and I know that most of the cities we are going to will require a lot of walking. what about the 7 day Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen? Would that cruise (in general) be about the same amount of walking in the ports that it goes to? I guess my question is if you had a person that has limited mobility (not in a wheelchair but will have difficulty doing alot of walking) which would be the better itinerary?

We are currently booked on the 7 day western med from Barcelona and I know that most of the cities we are going to will require a lot of walking. what about the 7 day Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen? Would that cruise (in general) be about the same amount of walking in the ports that it goes to? I guess my question is if you had a person that has limited mobility (not in a wheelchair but will have difficulty doing alot of walking) which would be the better itinerary?

Whilst I can't compare the two cruises, I CAN speak from a perspective of walking difficulties, as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

We did the Western Med from Barcelona 3 years ago and are onboard again in 5 days! :)

There is a tremendous amount of walking at all those ports as you have rightly said, but with plenty of stops and pacing myself, I was able to enjoy all the cities and intend to do the same again next week.

Hope this helps a little and enjoy whichever cruise you decide on.

Oh I just had another thought......Pompeii I found VERY tricky and was glad we had opted for a shorter tour/time there. It was very uneven and I was slightly nervous walking.

Whilst I can't compare the two cruises, I CAN speak from a perspective of walking difficulties, as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

We did the Western Med from Barcelona 3 years ago and are onboard again in 5 days! :)

I have RA too! I was diagnosed about 2 months ago and things are not in control and I am afraid I wont be able to do anything while on the cruise :(

Go with the Norwegian Fjords for less walking.

There are On/Off buses in several ports.

If it's a distance into town, there are shuttle buses for $10 or $15 per person.

There are some ports where the ship docks right in the towns.

We just returned from the 14 days Norway & Arctic Circle cruise. We loved it!

The Norwegian port cities that you visit during the Norwegian Fjord cruise are much smaller in size than the cities you would visit during the Med cruise - and smaller cities mean less walking and easier to find your way around, even on your own..... ;)

Edited by TrumpyNor